Curious

nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
As to how much my guitar is worth now since PRS stopped making the Mark Tremonti model? I can't find any of them on E-bay and I was just wondering how much the price has jumped since I bought it. The last one I saw was selling for $3000 on E-bay
Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    I'll give you $150.
    There's No Code.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    *cough* you wanna kiss my what?
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    five dollah!!!!!!!
    I forgot, I'm in the Strat and Tele capital of the world.

Seriously though....I want to know, for insurance reasons.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    nailz100 wrote:

You insure it for the MSRP of the instrument.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    MSRP? Retail price?
    nailz100 wrote:

hey, i have two gibsons!!!

since it's now out of production, it's probably best to get a certified appraisal of it down. it's irreplacable at this point.
    nailz100 wrote:
    MSRP? Retail price?

Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price.

Yeah, I have all my guitars included on my renter's policy and they are valued at full MSRP for a brand new replacement.

And I do not play a strat!! ;)
    There's No Code.
    i really need to update my gear list for my insurance.
    Yeah, but how can there be a Manufacturers retail price if it has been Discontinued? Would they not have to pay for the price of a replacement guitar?
    nailz100 wrote:
    Yeah, but how can there be a Manufacturers retail price if it has been Discontinued? Would they not have to pay for the price of a replacement guitar?

The MSRP of your single cut should be plenty to get you a comprable PRS. It won't be a single cut but it will be a PRS. You can thank Gibson for that.

It should be plenty to buy a McCarty or a comprable Custom 24.
    I know dude, but I was just wondering how much I could get for it if I sold it...hypothetically?
    nailz100 wrote:
    I know dude, but I was just wondering how much I could get for it if I sold it...hypothetically?

maybe the guys down at avenue guitars on whyte could give you an idea.
    Maybe, but they don't deal in any PRS's
    nailz100 wrote:
    Maybe, but they don't deal in any PRS's

that's a change. i know they used to. but i haven't been in there in a few years either.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I haven't noticed any jump in eBay prices, but it might be a good idea to watch a few auctions and see what the final price is. Give it a couple years, once everyone who wanted one has one. Then you'll see a little bump in the price.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    Just keep your eyes open for me guys if you wouldn't mind...let me know if anything comes up on E-bay. (Black PRS Mark Tremonti). Thanks
    nailz100 wrote:
    Just keep your eyes open for me guys if you wouldn't mind...let me know if anything comes up on E-bay. (Black PRS Mark Tremonti). Thanks

Call or E-mail Stu, at http://www.fatsoundguitars.com and ask him what he thought it would be. He would definately know what the single cuts are going for.
    Thanks Paco....I'll do that. He's actually the guy that quoted me the lowest price on the Shiva. $2219 which includes shipping to Canada. If anybody can find a cheaper price on this let me know.
    nailz100 wrote:
    Thanks Paco....I'll do that. He's actually the guy that quoted me the lowest price on the Shiva. $2219 which includes shipping to Canada. If anybody can find a cheaper price on this let me know.

my place http://www.atlantamusicbrokers.com/ has it advertised for $2219 and I was disapointed at some of thier guys lack of knowledge. you might be able to get a cheaper price from them because it's been there for a while.
    They don't say anything about a Shiva head, they just say a 1X12 Combo.
    nailz100 wrote:
    They don't say anything about a Shiva head, they just say a 1X12 Combo.

Dude, I live here, I've played that head. It's in the store.
    Okay I've emailed him and we'll see what price he gives me. How long do you think its been there for?