I wonder how hard it would be..

nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
edited May 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
To convert this bad boy to a seperate head with a 2x12 cab.....

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7321955917&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I'm just weighing my options because the Shiva heads seem really hard to come by lately. My idea would be to sell one of the V30's in the cab and put a greenback in....I don't know, maybe its not even worth trying. Anyone live in Cali where they can find out how much one of those separate head shells go for?
Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    anything's possible. is it just a weight issue for you?
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Not entirely. That is an issue for me, as the head alone weight 45 pounds, but the combo weights like 75. I really want the head separate so I can buy a padded roadcase for it and its easier to haul around. If its going to end up costing me way more to do it, then its probably not worth it. A 2X12 cabinet is what I want (which is why I am considering doing it more than with the 1x12 I showed before). Is it worth doing....F*cked if I know, I definately am not super mechanically inclined...but I know people who are.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    it's just going to cost a lot and reduce the value of the amp somwhat.

however, i guess if you keep the original shell, everything can be put back together again.

i don't know of any amp/cabinet builders locally. i've never looked into it. it's not technically difficult to build them design-wise but the quality of construction and wood selection is pretty important.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Yeah, maybe its easier not to fuck with something thats that much money. I'll just stick with my head and separate cab idea. Any preferences on 2X12 cabs??.....Anybody?
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    You should e-mail Reinhold Bogner and ask him yourself. He'll get back to you. He's cool like that. Just don't ask him to combine the clean channel of the Uberschall and the XTC Blue channel in plexi mode with the boost engaged tone into one amp. It would rock, but he won't do it. His answer will be "If you want both of those sounds, buy both of my amps". At least that's what he told me.

That's why I play Wizard Amps :)
  • I would definitely not mess with the amp. If you want a head and 2x12 cab, then be patient and you will find it eventually.

I actually bought an early 70's Ampeg VT-22 100 watt amp which someone unfortunately hacked down from a 2x12 combo to the head only. With that said, I got the amp for really cheap and built a new casing for the head and a matching 2x12 speaker cabinet. Overall though, I still wish it was all original....Heavy as can be, but well worth the bad back.
    Cause I'll stop trying to make a difference. I'm not trying to make a difference. I'll stop trying to make a difference. No way!