applying tolex

nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
edited November 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I am applying tolex to my pedalboard frame....and I have a piece that is 54" x 36" (1 yard) of material. Because of this and the size of my board I have to have 2 seams for the frame....because the total circumference of the board is 82"

Is there a way to apply it, or does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it look seamless, or where to correctly place the seams so it looks the best? Thanks
Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    nailz100 wrote:
    I am applying tolex to my pedalboard frame....and I have a piece that is 54" x 36" (1 yard) of material. Because of this and the size of my board I have to have 2 seams for the frame....because the total circumference of the board is 82"

Is there a way to apply it, or does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it look seamless, or where to correctly place the seams so it looks the best? Thanks
    staple gun
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • put the seam in a corner, and then cover the corner with a gaurd, like some amps have. You can get those corner gaurds and hardware stores, just find one that fits.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19