cabs

nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
edited October 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Okay, so I finally have the money to buy a new amp and I am looking for the right cab. I can't decide whether to get a 2x12 with 2 greenbacks in it, or a 4x12 with 2 greenies and 2 v30's, or a 4x12 with all greenies. Any suggestions on Cabs to go with a good tube amp?
Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    probably depends on the nature of the amp itself.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Broken in Pre Rola celestion greenbacks :D

but seriously, you got the Peters right?

I'd go with a 4x12 simply for the bottom end and yeah, Greenbacks, they get better as they get broken in but that also depends on the clarity you desire, One can't really say. You may be a lead 80 guy or a G12H guy.

Unfortunately you're in a bad spot to try some stuff out.

Personally I feel like the 4x12 with all greenies or G12H greenies is probably the best all around for rock and roll but again, it's a tone thing so it's subjective. The V30 is kind of that one size fits all kind of speaker it sounds fine it's a very nice all around, but for me the Greenback or some kind of derivitive therein does it.

Basically any 13ply baltic birch 4x12 with your choice of speaker should do you very very nicely.

I know it's bulky but the 4x12 adds some cojones that will help deliver that sound that I think you want.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Paco, good to hear from you again brother. Yes , well I haven't actually got the amp or paid for it yet, but me and James are in discussions about it and I'm just trying to figure out exactly which version I am going to get. I like the greenies, and I like the G12H....I'm sure either would sound fine. There is about a 6 week wait time for the head, and I was hoping to have a cab figured out by the time it arrives.
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see