A cool effects pedal?...maybe?

nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
edited December 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm trading in my SCP boost and so I have to pick something else to exchange it for. I've got a BJF Dyna Red on the way and that should handle all my Boost/ OD/ Dist needs and also I don't have alot of extra room on my board, or money for that matter. lol Anyways, I need something either to compliment the DRD or an effect that I would use more than once a night (if u know what I mean). I'm getting the other pedal from here http://www.axeandyoushallreceive.com/ so I need to pick something from his selection....he's got some cool stuff, Need some GP'er suggestions. Cheers guys
Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    nailz100 wrote:
    I'm trading in my SCP boost and so I have to pick something else to exchange it for. I've got a BJF Dyna Red on the way and that should handle all my Boost/ OD/ Dist needs and also I don't have alot of extra room on my board, or money for that matter. lol Anyways, I need something either to compliment the DRD or an effect that I would use more than once a night (if u know what I mean). I'm getting the other pedal from here http://www.axeandyoushallreceive.com/ so I need to pick something from his selection....he's got some cool stuff, Need some GP'er suggestions. Cheers guys

My several.

BYOC prebuilt digital delay.

Nick Greer (orange crush or black fuzz, Royal Fromage or Sweetback Driver)

Pro Analog (used) top boost

Scholz Rockman (used)

and if they come in this millenium.... DAM Meathead.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    U offering Paco?
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    nailz100 wrote:
    U offering Paco?

That was just the stuff that I saw I thought was cool that you may like to try. I'd probably try to get the cash from the SCP and just bank it with DRD you have coming, or maybe trade it for an OCD or Crunch box as a comparison, or perhaps a maxon TS9 or sonic distortion or distortion sustainer maybe even a big muff.

I've got a DL4 and a Barber Direct Drive I could trade.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Any of Cusacks pedals are a nice compliment!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
    Like which ones J?
  • thats a hell of a gear page!! i hadn't seen that one before.

one of the DAM pedals is a Holy roller, anyone heard of that one before??
    i've been extremely interested in their stuff, but never seen that before.
    Bender clone also??

As far as stuff you should pick up, a delay? or sustainer/ muff type, as an alternate to the dyna's rock tones. i don't know whats on your board currently tho.
    Not much man, a tremonti wah, a Boss line selector, a Korg Tuner and thats about it...
  • try a delay then. (my opinion)

analog = fatter tone
    digital = more options/longer delay time

maybe demo a dl4 somewhere, then buy Paco's :)

i've always been a delay freak, tho. U could also try a good Phase, like that Cusack, tho that might be a little closer to that "once a night" thing, depending on what your playing.
    I'm all for effects.....as long as they have their place. I hate overkill (probably because my other guitarist is and overkiller)
  • nailz100 wrote:
    I'm all for effects.....as long as they have their place. I hate overkill (probably because my other guitarist is and overkiller)

are you sure i'm not your other guitarist?

i think phase can be used really tastefully for rhythm parts. Makes me play less, actually. I love fat phased sustained chords, but am less a fan of rhythmic phasey strumming.

delay is probably (along with reverb) the easiest one to overdo/leave on all the time. But if you really force yourself to do stuff like change delay settings appropriate to each song, it'll keep you in check.

i'm a freak for delay tho, as i said. Currently use a Memory Man and DD-6. I'm thinking of my next one. Wish i had bought two Memory Man's, before the price jumped.
    How much are the Memory Man, and who makes them? (so I can see if he carries them)
  • nailz100 wrote:
    How much are the Memory Man, and who makes them? (so I can see if he carries them)

I know Electro-Harmonix makes them. I don't know how much.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    a memory man is a bit under $300CAN. if you're dealing with axe, he carries diamond and their memory lane (boutique analog delay similar to the memory man but with slightly different features) is a bit under $500.

probably more that it's worth if you're looking for something crazy.

look at the blackbox quicksilver delay too. i think he carries them. also big $$$$

http://www.axeandyoushallreceive.com/biglist.htm#blackbox