Telecaster P90 install?

WESWES Posts: 168
edited May 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I recently purchased a Telecaster (Mexican). It is a Nashville model with the third pickup (strat pickup in middle), and the pickups are the Tex Mex's throughout. Although impressed with the tone the guitar generates, I have been contemplating installing a Lindy Fralin P90 in the neck position. Other then modifying the pickguard, how difficult would the swap be? Would it be worth it? How involved is a pickup change? Would the middle pickup create problems with the P90?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    WES wrote:
    I recently purchased a Telecaster (Mexican). It is a Nashville model with the third pickup (strat pickup in middle), and the pickups are the Tex Mex's throughout. Although impressed with the tone the guitar generates, I have been contemplating installing a Lindy Fralin P90 in the neck position. Other then modifying the pickguard, how difficult would the swap be? Would it be worth it? How involved is a pickup change? Would the middle pickup create problems with the P90?

more than likely the body will need to be routed as well as the pickguard in fact I know it will. Not sure of the ramifications from the middle pickup

If you go that "route" (no pun intended) get it done professionally

check out info on all sorts of stuff at http://www.projectguitar.com, chances are there's some info that will help you.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.