Hiwatt DC-40

WESWES Posts: 168
edited November 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I read several reviews on harmony-central regarding this combo amp....has anyone used this amp or own it? Opinions? is it reliable? is it versitile in terms of ability to acheive a wide range of tones?

The weight does not bother me to much...perhaps my favorite feature of the amp is the able to cut it from 40 watts to 12 watts...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    WES wrote:
    I read several reviews on harmony-central regarding this combo amp....has anyone used this amp or own it? Opinions? is it reliable? is it versitile in terms of ability to acheive a wide range of tones?

The weight does not bother me to much...perhaps my favorite feature of the amp is the able to cut it from 40 watts to 12 watts...

MissYouAllDay has one for sale. He can probably tell you exactly his thoughts on the amp.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • WESWES Posts: 168
    lol....pac, i was the one who posted the inquiry on the gear page....
  • Hey Wes,

I will give it to you straight up.

The negatives:
    -I find it to be too loud at 12 watts, but I live in someones basement.
    -The weight is killer as I said, but I live in Guelph, that's only 45 minutes - 1 hour away.
    -Needs to warm up for .5 hour before playing.

If you like the HIWATT tone then here it is in a very feature packed amp (for a HIWATT)
    It is very sensitive to you picking style, so what I mean is it's very responsive to how hard or soft you play your strings. You can go from clean to slightly distorted by going from a light pick to a hard "pluck" type pick. Which is pretty cool.

I have never had any technical difficulties with the amp. I have owned it for 1 year about, a retube may be in order, but not that I can tell from the sound.

A testament to the tone of the amp is that I am selling this amp to buy a smaller hiwatt (well reeves).

Ask any questions you can think of, I will try my best to answer them. :)

I will work on getting some pictures up.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
    -The weight is killer as I said, but I live in Guelph, that's only 45 minutes -

NO SHIT....i am currently at the University of Guelph....

maybe I could test it out>>>??? if you could email me let me know....

wes_k11@hotmail.com

what a small fucking world.!
  • Wow....

What program are you in? WHat year?
    First year, in a general B.A for studio art..im still blown away by how much of a coincidence it is
  • Cool, Also in B.A. But last year. I'm in philosophy.
    This is pretty weird!!
    any luck with the pictures?

and whats the price without having to ship it?
  • Hey Wes,

Sorry for the delay but I have my thesis due in a couple weeks, not mention 20 pages of other essays.

Without shipping I am only asking 675 american. Shipping would have cost somewhere around there, that is approx how much I paid to have it shipped from michigan to Guelph.

I won't be able to get pictures to you until atleast the weekend. After you see the pictures you can decide if you are still interested, and then maybe we can get together over exam period and you can try this monstrosity out :)

How does that sound?
    sounds like a plan...just keep me updated..and i understand any delay around this time....
  • Hey Wes,

If you want to check out the amp sometime this weekend that'd be cool. Sometime saturday afternoon would be good. Send me a PM and let me know.