Heavy Metal Guitar

ShwnShwn Posts: 37
edited June 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm looking for a guitar that would be appropriate for covering bands like Slipknot, Pantera, Slayer, and other heavy bands. If anyone can give me some suggestions that would be cool. Thanks

Shawn
"One day we will all be in the soil with no gods to slave to, and no heroes to kill for"
-Between the Buried and Me
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    My friend has a Jackson SL1, Jackson RR1 and a B.C. Rich Warlock. He also plays an American Strat, if that is any help.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • gotz idgotz id Posts: 125
    Get any electric guitar you want and pick up a Metal Zone distortion pedal ;)
    I wish I was the 10Club holiday single, the one that never showed up...

• pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Originally posted by gotz id
    Get any electric guitar you want and pick up a Metal Zone distortion pedal ;)

With all due respect, you don't need a guitar to get the Metal Zone sound. You could as well stick the jack up your behind and still get that characteristic "kgzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" effect.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Originally posted by puremagic
    My friend has a Jackson SL1, Jackson RR1 and a B.C. Rich Warlock. He also plays an American Strat, if that is any help.

yeah, i have been told jacksons work well for metal.
    me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
  • cableguy119cableguy119 Posts: 114
    Price range? Do you need an amp?
    Eww lots of drop tunings could be dificult. Jackson and BC Rich have some good sounding guitars in many price ranges and are used by a few of the bands mentioned.
    So many amazing shows! Thank you.
  • ibanez
    esp
    or even an sg
    THE SKY IS BLUE,
    and all the leaves are green,
    MY HEARTS AS FULL AS A BAKED POTATO.
  • ShwnShwn Posts: 37
    Originally posted by cableguy119
    Price range? Do you need an amp?
    Eww lots of drop tunings could be dificult. Jackson and BC Rich have some good sounding guitars in many price ranges and are used by a few of the bands mentioned.

I wouldn't want to go over $500 for the guitar. Right now I play grungier music, and some newer hard rock, but the other people I play with want to add some harder stuff. I'm looking to get a guitar specifically for the purpose of putting a heavy gauge string, and having it in dropped B or C tuning.
    "One day we will all be in the soil with no gods to slave to, and no heroes to kill for"
    -Between the Buried and Me
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/series.asp?s=mmm&l=e

Musician's Friend price is $670 brand new... Item # 519729.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.