Crybaby Problems

ShwnShwn Posts: 37
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey everyone, I'm having problems with my wah pedal. I have a Dunlop 535Q, that I got last christmas. It's being powered by a one spot adapter. I never had a problem with it until the other day when it just stopped working. All of my other pedals are working fine, and the signal just runs through the wah like it isn't there. My only thought is that it isn't getting any power, but I don't see how it would have worked fine, and then just stopped if it's a power issue. If anyone has any ideas, please help. Thanks,
"One day we will all be in the soil with no gods to slave to, and no heroes to kill for"
-Between the Buried and Me
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Shwn wrote:
    Hey everyone, I'm having problems with my wah pedal. I have a Dunlop 535Q, that I got last christmas. It's being powered by a one spot adapter. I never had a problem with it until the other day when it just stopped working. All of my other pedals are working fine, and the signal just runs through the wah like it isn't there. My only thought is that it isn't getting any power, but I don't see how it would have worked fine, and then just stopped if it's a power issue. If anyone has any ideas, please help. Thanks,

try it with a battery to see if that's the problem. It could be a bad switch or something.

Does the sound die when you engage it?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JerzdevilJerzdevil Posts: 59
    That happened to me, my Wah was the same kind as yours and about as old when it stopped working. I tried for months to fix it so I finally took it to a guitar store to see what the problem was.

I had to turn it on.

I didn't know that pushing down on it turned it on and off. Try that, push down hard on it with your foot and see.
    I believe the children are our future... unless we stop them now...
  • Er, yes, if that's the case, there's a silver knob at the fore of the pedal affixed to the base. When you depress the pedal's pump with your foot, push down on the knob until you hear a click. Once clicked, the knob will activate the pedal.
  • ShwnShwn Posts: 37
    Thanks a lot everyone, I had no idea that the pedal had a switch there to activate it. It works fine now, thanks again.
    "One day we will all be in the soil with no gods to slave to, and no heroes to kill for"
    -Between the Buried and Me