taylor 110 for $500 worth it?

waldo22waldo22 Posts: 12
edited July 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
well, i came up on this today at a local music store, and i was wondering if this would be worth it...
"I cut my hair and got really depressed and became a Republican. Then I did acid a couple of months later and realized I was an idiot." ~Mike
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    yeah, I think so. It's a great guitar. but it's only worth it if it's what you really want. Is that what you really want?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • waldo22waldo22 Posts: 12
    i don't know, i want a taylor, but i also want something that's going to be made well and have the sound last for a long time... i was also thinking along the lines of a seagull and an alvarez (which i know you have to be picky with) i don't know... i really don't
    "I cut my hair and got really depressed and became a Republican. Then I did acid a couple of months later and realized I was an idiot." ~Mike
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by waldo22
    i don't know, i want a taylor, but i also want something that's going to be made well and have the sound last for a long time... i was also thinking along the lines of a seagull and an alvarez (which i know you have to be picky with) i don't know... i really don't

The 110 is a good quality guitar. If you can swing a 310 that was the previous base model when I used to sell them but the 110 is a quality guitar as good as the other two you mentioned especially for that price. You may also check out Larrivee. They have a good model for the same price. The 110's I've played I've liked.

Seagulls are decent as are the Alverez but if you do go the A route, try and get a Yari model.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • waldo22waldo22 Posts: 12
    i'm definitely gonna keep shopping, but thanks for the help