Just bought a TS9 on impulse tonight

Pearl Jam and toastPearl Jam and toast Posts: 4,475
edited November 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
So far I'm really liking it.. It has a really nice, warm vibe to it that's been missing in my rig forever.

Any recommendations or comments or whatever on this?

I'm playing through a solid state amp (fender 212) and I have a Greedtone to back me up just fyi..
Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• So far I'm really liking it.. It has a really nice, warm vibe to it that's been missing in my rig forever.

I'm playing through a solid state amp (fender 212) and I have a Greedtone to back me up just fyi..
    The only suggestion I can make is pretty simple. have the drive all the way cranked, tone at about 10 or 11 o'clock, and then level about noon. That might give you a HEAVY overdriv feel(good for RVM). That's just me though.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • good to know.

The only (and i mean ONLY) flaw i can think of after a couple hours of playing is that it doesn't have much punch..

which is perfect for subtle effects... so it has an upside too.

the greedtone can give me as much punch that I need and more... then i have that decent fender OD on my amp...

"Make our day"
  • So far I'm really liking it.. It has a really nice, warm vibe to it that's been missing in my rig forever.

Next on the big shopping list should be an all-tube amp. Once you play one you will never look back. With the TS9 they are gold.

Mmmmmm.......tone
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Tube amp's on the list for me too, but since I just bought a $180 necklace for my girlfriend... I'm a little in the red right now.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • churchie wrote:
    Next on the big shopping list should be an all-tube amp. Once you play one you will never look back. With the TS9 they are gold.

Mmmmmm.......tone
    I think I'll sell my amp and buy a nice tube amp :cool:

recommendations for a tube amp? Affordable but don't be afraid to get a bit pricey..

"Make our day"
  • I think I'll sell my amp and buy a nice tube amp :cool:

recommendations for a tube amp? Affordable but don't be afraid to get a bit pricey..

ive been a real fan of the Fender Deluxe/Deville's. ive now owned two of them, no problems,really nice tone. Although i hate to say it, but others will, look into some traynors as well.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • ive been a real fan of the Fender Deluxe/Deville's. ive now owned two of them, no problems,really nice tone. Although i hate to say it, but others will, look into some traynors as well.

+1! Traynors kick ass!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • ive been a real fan of the Fender Deluxe/Deville's. ive now owned two of them, no problems,really nice tone. Although i hate to say it, but others will, look into some traynors as well.

Agree with the Fenders. A HotRod Deluxe or a Blues Deluxe will bill nice.
  • churchie wrote:
    Agree with the Fenders. A HotRod Deluxe or a Blues Deluxe will bill nice.
    I totally agree with the HotRod Deluxe-it's one of the warmest and guttsiest(sp) amps out there.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • I've REALLY been looking hard at the Hot Rod Deluxe (haven't played one yet).

Someone PM'ed me and recommended a Peavy Classic 30.

what's the word on that?

"Make our day"
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    look at a fender supersonic 112 if you get the chance. great amps!
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • Also, Traynor YCV40/40WR is a fantastic amp. Much better overdrive then the fenders! I haven't played a supersonic yet though.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    The supersonic is also $1000 on MF. If I'm going amp shopping, I'm not gonna spend more than $600 if I can help it, so that pretty much narrows it down.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • yeah my cut off is probably 6-7 hundred unless I'm realllllllllllly blown away by something.. then i'll save up :)

"Make our day"
  • yeah my cut off is probably 6-7 hundred unless I'm realllllllllllly blown away by something.. then i'll save up :)

Traynor YCV40.
  • there I said it.

I'm broke, but i'll rebound financially, I want this thing.

"Make our day"
  • Congratulations.

That's now my favorite pedal. Out of all the stuff I've had, I just keep going back to that one. I had mine modded by Vaughn's Mods.
    I had the Trimode done, where it has three different bass and three different compression modes, one of which is a GREAT sounding clean boost. The bass boost helps with single coils, too.
    That made it into a really versatile pedal. It's not a heavy duty distortion pedal, though. But then again, I'm not a heavy duty distortion kind of guy.

http://www.wpa.net/~vaughn/ts9/ts9.html

There goes MORE money! :D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

That's now my favorite pedal. Out of all the stuff I've had, I just keep going back to that one. I had mine modded by Vaughn's Mods.
    I had the Trimode done, where it has three different bass and three different compression modes, one of which is a GREAT sounding clean boost. The bass boost helps with single coils, too.
    That made it into a really versatile pedal. It's not a heavy duty distortion pedal, though. But then again, I'm not a heavy duty distortion kind of guy.

http://www.wpa.net/~vaughn/ts9/ts9.html

There goes MORE money! :D
    oo mans ome of those look cool! That dual channel mod looks especially promising if i wanted to spend the rest of my entire checking account :D

"Make our day"
    yeah my cut off is probably 6-7 hundred unless I'm realllllllllllly blown away by something.. then i'll save up :)
    seriously though, try a supersonic...some people love it, some people not so much, but if you like it, you will love it forever

btw, i got mine for a little over 800$, a store near me has the best prices on everything-you can get taylors for about $600 less than on musiciansfriend
  • seanw1010 wrote:
    seriously though, try a supersonic...some people love it, some people not so much, but if you like it, you will love it forever

btw, i got mine for a little over 800$, a store near me has the best prices on everything-you can get taylors for about $600 less than on musiciansfriend

i know you love your SS (should we give that amp such a classic term?) but i really think your missing out on alot of great amps. For the price i can imagine how nice that amp is, but for a couple hundred dollars more you into Full-tube land and have alot more tone at yoru fingertips. But if you like your amp you like your amp. blink 182 played with squiers until fender gave them an endorsement.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
    i know you love your SS (should we give that amp such a classic term?) but i really think your missing out on alot of great amps. For the price i can imagine how nice that amp is, but for a couple hundred dollars more you into Full-tube land and have alot more tone at yoru fingertips. But if you like your amp you like your amp. blink 182 played with squiers until fender gave them an endorsement.
    the supersonic is fulltube,what are you thinking?

btw, blink182 will always suck, IMO
  • seanw1010 wrote:
    the supersonic is fulltube,what are you thinking?

btw, blink182 will always suck, IMO

Supersonic is a good amp, but there are lots of other great amps for the same price or less.

Fender Hot Rods
    Traynors
    Peavey Classic Series
  • i think I am the only one who doesn't like the ts9
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    i think I am the only one who doesn't like the ts9
    probobally lol
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i don't like it either but that's mostly because it doesn't suit what i do.