Yellow Ledbetter Outro

DrewPJPSUDrewPJPSU Posts: 5
edited June 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with tablature for the outro of yellow ledbetter. i have the song and the solo down but cannot for the life of me figure out what he is doing on the live versions at the end. i tried watching him in concert and at msg, but still have no clue.

thanks in advance,

drew
Before his first step, he's off again............
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    Just wing it and improvise a little bit. He doesn't play it exactly the same live each time but he uses the same base riff for it.

If you're havin trouble with it, have a couple beers and go at it
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    If you go to:

http://giventowail.com/

Just search Yellow Ledbetter and there's live versions that they've tabbed out and they're awesome, it has one really similar to what he does at MSG......

The one from 06/20/2000 is the one I'm talkin' about. :)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • armanHammerarmanHammer Posts: 471
    I say 'yea' to a Giventowail.com sticky.
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
  • jbdjbd Posts: 65
    At the end he generally uses the delay on these notes :

---9-(10)-(12)----7-(9)----5-(7)

It's basically the main chords (I put the variations in parenthesis) but you can improv and vary a little...
    "Fuck the kids ! Except the ones who are buying our records! They're fucking themselves!" - Mark Arm