Tele - question about looks

loberg3loberg3 Posts: 16
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey, I am going to build a sweet telecaster (at least in my opinion) but I have a couple questions about the looks...

I don't like the Peg head on telecasters, but if you put a strat neck on a tele body the connection looks to goofy since one has a curved socket and the other a square. I was wondering what you think a double sided Peg head would look like on a Tele? (by double sided I mean 3 tuners on top and 3 on the bottom)

Then my next question is for the pickup geniuses!! I don't know the big differences between a p90 and a humbucker. and Im going to put either 2 humbuckers or P90s or a mix of the two(one of each). and yes Pac79 I am looking and the Lindy's, I just don't know which style. I mean Im not a fan of of Metal but then again I want to be able to totally rock out sometimes.....and sorry about another damn pickup question, but Id rather spend 200 dollars on something I won't question later on...

again thanks,
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i have a strat neck on my tele and the joint looks fine but i guess it depends on how the fretboard is finished.

i suppose a 3&3 head would look ok. hard to say though since my brain automatically expects to see a tele or strat headstock.