octave pedal ???

loberg3loberg3 Posts: 16
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hello I was hoping someone here might be able to help me out. I want an octave pedal, just a simple one octave down would suffice and I've been looking on ebay and see acouple different types.

Has anyone used a danelctro octave pedal, and if so which one (I saw 2 different octave pedals on ebay, not familar with brand though)??

would that compare to a boss octave or pitch shifter? because Ive seen the Dans go for less than 20 on ebay and the boss goes for 45+

I really only want it for a couple of song so its not like Im going to use it a ton. thanks for your help!!!

graham
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I've never tried the Dano. The boss tracks ok but nothing is perfect.

Check out http://www.harmony-central.com and search for them.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • go to ActiveBass.com then the bass store, that should help you out. Jim Dunlop Blue Boxes are good though, they drop the note two octaves, but I've never tried one, so don't take that to seriousely.
    Support you local anarchist
    The Blue Boxes are cool but they are fuzz pedals. They fuzz the signal up and drop it an octave. You can hear this effect on the first solo in Ghost.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • djyman15djyman15 Posts: 181
    so paco thats like the opposite of the Fender Blender, which is insane amonut of fuzz and sends the notes up an octave?
    "Even if your heart would listen, I doubt I could explain"-Jimmy Eat World
    Originally posted by djyman15
    so paco thats like the opposite of the Fender Blender, which is insane amonut of fuzz and sends the notes up an octave?

Yes, it's the opposite of a fender blender or an octavia
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    The Blue Boxes are cool but they are fuzz pedals. They fuzz the signal up and drop it an octave. You can hear this effect on the first solo in Ghost.

though the actual pedal used in that case was the OC-2.

the OC-2 is superior to the blue box.
    Originally posted by exhausted
    though the actual pedal used in that case was the OC-2.

the OC-2 is superior to the blue box.

Indeed. I didn't see the pedal list I was going for what it sounded like. The OC-2 is very cool.