vox

alowishisalowishis Posts: 16
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
just wondering if any of you know why the discontinued the ad60vt valvetronix. i just traded one in on a fender deville. i like the deville a lot better, but i am suprized they stoped the vt.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by alowishis
    just wondering if any of you know why the discontinued the ad60vt valvetronix. i just traded one in on a fender deville. i like the deville a lot better, but i am suprized they stoped the vt.

Not enough people bought it. Too many similar products on the market. It's too saturated. Line 6 is the name in modelling The Vox name is not as popular with the younger crowd it's marketed too. Vox is known for tube amps not modelling not to many pros play the vox VT's rather the good old AC 30.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • that makes since. i liked it, but it had so much stuff on it i spent more time adjusting stuff then actually playing it. plus i like an all tube amp better for my taste.
  • Which DeVille did you get? Blues or Hot Rod? 2x12" or 4x10"?
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • i got the hot rod 2x12. i tried a marshall 40w tube also but the fender fit me better i thought. both are good amps though.
  • I like all the DeVilles... they all do different things, so they all have values. Most people here aren't fans of the overdrive/distortion channels... you use a stomp-box?
  • yeah i have a route 66, a dod fuzz, and a ibanez smashbox. the fuzz pedal sounded good on my marshall mg 30(my first amp) but i haven't got a chance to play it on the deville. i have a 10 month old girl so my time is limited. if she's awake i play with her, if she's asleep i can't be loud so i'm still waiting.
  • Well, congrats on the kid! And here's hoping you get a chance to crank soon... having a kid is awesome, but that doesn't necessarily take away the need to rock from time to time.
  • yeah it's tough on playing but well worth it. the best time i've ever had with a guitar was the first time she clapped when i was playing. at first i thought what a coincidence. but then a strummed a few more chords and she clapped and smiled. now when i do play she dances and laughs. a great feeling.
  • That's pretty damn cool, man. I don't have kids... but I've played for infants before, and it's a kick when they respond to it.

Someday, you'll have a little rockstar on your hands... she'll be asking the Jamily for gear recommendations, too.
  • speaking of the little devil oh i mean angel, she just woke up. so i gotta go feed, play, change, and adore her now. i'll see ya later on . have a good day
  • Sweet... good luck with the DeVille.