Options

What Bullshit these presales are

2»

Comments

• Options
    jfconnorjrjfconnorjr Posts: 518
    Lottery is horrible idea - control your own destiny I say.

If you think you were in "control" of this.... you are on crack!
    The distribution of tickets is a crap shoot... I prefer a lottery where you know it is random. This process gives you hope that you will get tickets and then crushes all hope.
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    Lottery is horrible idea - control your own destiny I say.

+3
  • Options
    PJMEMamaPJMEMama Posts: 99
    RMST09 wrote:
    they opened all seating to fan club members first? Why just 250 seats?
    I agree, why not have ALL the 10c get tix first, the go on sale to people who may or may not want to be there?
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    PJMEMama wrote:
    I agree, why not have ALL the 10c get tix first, the go on sale to people who may or may not want to be there?

because venues have deals with ticketmaster and are required to put xxx amount of tix for sale thru them.

In other words, they cant.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    PJMEMamaPJMEMama Posts: 99
    I know, and it would take effort and $$$, but I would think that they could negotiate a better deal, considering the sell out rate for these shows, and the fact that Pearl Jam can't even play medium sized venues anymore because they're too big.
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,178
    - I wanted tickets to Letterman in '06...I didn't get them (even though I clicked on INSTANTLY as soon as they were available).

-I wanted tickets to EITHER night for MSG this year....I didn't get them (even though I clicked on instantly)...

-I wanted tickets to the VIC....I didn't get them

I realized the demand, limited availability for all of these things and that my chances were not great going in. I never cried, comlained about it etc., even though I was very disappointed. The sense of entitlement around here gets tiring. Be appreciative that you were able to get tickets to something that was difficult to get tickets for at least once. You are not owed anything.

PS.... you all knew the details of the sale on Monday. Why didn't anyone complain then instead of now? If you had gotten tickets, the system would have worked fine and you would have had no complaints.
  • Options
    I got denied from the vic, both msg's, ev boston and ev ny1 but somehow got thru for ny2! I was convinced it was never going to happen for me. people shouldn't be bitter...its all luck!
    9/10/98 MSG; 8/23/00 & 8/24/00 Jones Beach; 7/8/03 MSG; 7/14/03 PNC; 9/16/05 Corel Centre(Ottawa); 5/13/06 Hartford; 5/28/06 Camden; 6/1/06 & 6/3/06 Continental; 8/5/07 Lollapalooza; 6/20/08 Camden; 6/24/08 & 6/25/08 MSG; 6/27/08 Hartford;7/1/08 Beacon; 8/28/09 Outsides Lands Festival; 10/28/09 & 10/31/09 Spectrum; 5/15/10 Hartford; 5/20/10 & 5/21/10 MSG; 9/3/11 & 9/4/11 PJ20 WI; 10/18/13 & 10/19/13 Barclay Center; 10/22/13 Philly; 9/26/15 Global Citizen NYC; 5/1/16 & 5/2/16 MSG
  • Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    jfconnorjr wrote:
    It was pretty much BS.....

Suggestions...
    - 1 show per 10C member...
    - Lottery for tickets...

Shut out 4 times... got vic tickets last year so can't bitch too much but it could be a lot better.
    Got buy about 3 times each and always got the "can't place it the inbox...." on Chicago II got white screen and then got "can't place...."

I would never say this for a pj show at big venues, but at small places like these, I agree that 1 show per 10c member is fair, gives everyone a better chance. If you want more shows, you can have another chance on TM. I do like that there is no senority seating though. Also, people should have the option of buying 1 seat, would free up more tickets instead of having to find someone to go with that may or may not be that excited about it, when a 10c member could have had them.
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    - I wanted tickets to Letterman in '06...I didn't get them (even though I clicked on INSTANTLY as soon as they were available).

-I wanted tickets to EITHER night for MSG this year....I didn't get them (even though I clicked on instantly)...

-I wanted tickets to the VIC....I didn't get them

I realized the demand, limited availability for all of these things and that my chances were not great going in. I never cried, comlained about it etc., even though I was very disappointed. The sense of entitlement around here gets tiring. Be appreciative that you were able to get tickets to something that was difficult to get tickets for at least once. You are not owed anything.

PS.... you all knew the details of the sale on Monday. Why didn't anyone complain then instead of now? If you had gotten tickets, the system would have worked fine and you would have had no complaints.

+1000 points!
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    boooh fucking whoo. Like one of the posters said it is all a matter of luck. It could have been worse and they did not have any Ten Club seats available, since it is a Pearl Jam fan club not an Eddie Fan club.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    samnationsamnation Los Angeles, CA Posts: 277
    10C is only $20 a year. And for that we do get the opportunity to participate in a presale. We were never guaranteed tickets. Just an opportunity. 10C has done exactly what they promised. I don't expect anything more for such a low annual fee, and 10C doesn't promise anything more.
    Sam
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    the presales totally sucked, my finger is cramping on me from refreshing too much lol
  • Options
    rtwilli4rtwilli4 Posts: 261
    I tried to get tickets to every show that went on sale today, and failed miserably. I have fast internet, I was always logged in, I even used a few tips from a fellow member who was nice enough to tell me his method of dealing with this clusterfuck.

I'm not blaming 10C or anyone else. I know its all luck. But there are people who are going to multiple shows, while I took a day off work to try and get tickets for ONE SHOW!!! ONE FUCKING SHOW!!! ANY SHOW!!!! I didn't even have a fucking preference. Any show would have been OK.

Now I have to try for Ticket master which I HATE, or pay some ridiculous price on stubhub. Fuck Fuck Fuck... Eddie isn't gonna do this again. I know it. Someone please help me I am depressed.
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    For the record, I appreciate the fact that 10C does this for us. I think eventually all the bitching could make them change their minds about future 10C sales. That would be very unfortunate for all of us fans. Most of the time I am successful at scoring tix/posters/etc.. but sometimes not. There is a limited supply available and not everyone can get what they hoped for. When I fail to get what I was after, I think of all the times I got what I wanted. I have 0 animosity towards the 10C, to the contrary. They treat us great. Other fan clubs charge way more than 10C and then give you some cheesy TM pre-sale password, which is distributed by idiots to everyone! Some don't give anything at all in the way of ticket pre-sales. Please take the time to let the 10C know you appreciate the lengths they go to for us fans. The servers have been much improved.. whether it's the software they are using for the shopping cart system or heavier duty business machines or a combo of both, things have drastically improved. They are working all the time to make it better for us, which is something they don't have to do!

Peace
    Just me
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    jfconnorjr wrote:
    If you think you were in "control" of this.... you are on crack!
    The distribution of tickets is a crap shoot... I prefer a lottery where you know it is random. This process gives you hope that you will get tickets and then crushes all hope.

I'm not on crack. Perhaps because I was only shut out once ever on any sale I have a different perspective. I find the process works very well, especially with the staggered time sales so the site does not crash. It also rewards fans that don't give up after 1 minute and post on the site how they got screwed. I got Vic tickets 35 minutes after they went sale - sure my fingers and wrist were tired - but it was worth it.

Random lottery poses other issues - how do they contact you that you won? E-mail. ha - can't wait for the complaints about junk e-mail, my e-mail server rejects 10c e-mails, my work firewall didn't let me get them, didn't check my e-mail in time to get the tickets.......and on and on.

They tell you time the tickets go sale - they go on sale at the exact time (OK maybe DC 2 was 4 minutes late). You prepare, you execute, you get the tickets - the woe is me attitude - I can't to do it myself so please take control away from me and do a lottery probably reflects a general attitude with everything - the world is out to get me - the world stop me from getting EV tickets and there is nothing I can do about it.................

OK ramble over - your good.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    I think of the pre-sale like the "chuck-a-puck" at hockey games... Everyone that wants a foam puck buys one (10C membership) and when the time comes (Ticket sale time) chucks the puck at a target (Tickets) in the middle of the rink... Some pucks get bounced (logged off) off the glass others get over the glass but not to the target (Temp out of stock) and a very small number get to the target (Buy button)... And those that are closest to the center of the target win (Get tickets)...

Kind of like this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Rh-n7ouGw

Some skill is required to win chuck-a-puck but it's mostly luck just like getting tickets to see Mr. Vedder show...

Enjoy and chill out... You're alive, the Earth is still here, the sun will rise again tomorrow!