Selling CD's on ebay

jeffgardenjeffgarden Posts: 8
edited September 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
A friend convinced me that if I was going to go all digital with my music, I should make it all lossless. So I re-ripped all my CD's into iTunes/iPod as Apple Lossless

but some of the CD's were too scratched to import correctly and some of the songs I had ripped from friends or downloaded off of p2p programs so...

I went out and purchased a whole messa CD's just to have the songs in Lossless format. Now I have these brand-new cd's that I don't really need. Even if a new smaller lossless format comes along i can just convert to it without losing an quality.

So I opened an ebay store to sell off the cd's.
http://stores.ebay.com/Jeffgarden-com-CD-Store

I dont meant to like stop by here and plug the place and run, I post here regularly and since I'm a part of the community i thought i'd share a way for me to sell my cds and others to get them for cheaper than any store sells them for. If it's still against the rules here i'll delete it.

thanks
3 gigs of Pearl Jam + Soundgarden Videos
Jeffgarden.com
<3 GoingToLukins <3
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Why didn't you just buy the songs from iTunes?

Meh, whatever, I'll check out the link.
    kthxbai
  • i bought the CD's to rip them at Apple Lossless format. iTunes doesn't let you choose the format, they come in 128 aac. I only but some of the stuff they have as "exclusive" since...well, since it's the only place to get 'em :)
    3 gigs of Pearl Jam + Soundgarden Videos
    Jeffgarden.com
    <3 GoingToLukins <3
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    what is the bitrate of "apple lossless"? i've imported all my cds onto itunes at 160 or 192 kbps mp3. aac sucks for sound quality so i know why you didn't dload the songs. i dload a song here and there but for entire albums i buy the cd and import.
  • It doesn't matter they won't sell at those prices...
    E-bay is still a competitive marketplace and those albums can be found for $1-$6 in other auctions.
    So many amazing shows! Thank you.
  • Originally posted by cableguy119
    It doesn't matter they won't sell at those prices...
    E-bay is still a competitive marketplace and those albums can be found for $1-$6 in other auctions.
    they are free shipping though...some people charge 3-4 bucks shipping, often times doubling the price you bought the cd for.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV