Options

Band from Kentucky is looking for a lead singer

jpdjb1982jpdjb1982 Posts: 16
edited December 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Established rock band from Bowling Green, Kentucky is looking for a lead singer. We are looking for some one who can sing really good too. The band has a combined 30 years of experience with their instruments. We are all in our early 20's so we would like someone around this age too. It would be great if the singer would also be willing to relocate. The goals of this band is to tour, have fun, and make great music. We currently have over 20 songs, so we have lots of material for someone to work with. If anybody has a friend that can sing let them know about this too. Thank you,
Daniel
Email me at jpdjb1982@aol.com
Brad slownumber@aol.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I can't sing, but when you guys start playing let me know, i'll come and check you out, I'm in henderson, please play up here some. The live bands up here are terrible except like two.
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
  • Options
    I can't sing, but when you guys start playing let me know, i'll come and check you out, I'm in henderson, please play up here some. The live bands up here are terrible except like two.
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
  • Options
    We sure will man. Hopefully as soon as we find a lead singer we can start playing some shows. I was wanting to go more in depth about this band in this post. I would say we are a mix between alternative and prog rock w/ an odd-great instrumentals(funk, surf, blues, and jazz). But of course our primary focus is rock. We are currently in the process of recording two albums (the guitarist has a Tascam recorder, so we get to record anytime we want to) and we are also working on songs for a third album. So there will be tons of material for a lead singer to get their hands on. The drummer has been playing drums since he was six years old. He also has a 17 piece drum kit. We use his house as a place to practice, which no one bothers us. The guitarist has been playing for 8 years and he has great equipment to record with. We all have great dedication toward this project. This group practices twice a week, but we would be glad to practice alot more as soon as a lead singer came. Well if anybody knows someone who can sing please let me know. Thank you
  • Options
    I would say some of our influences would be Pearl Jam, U2, REM, and Rush. We do no cover songs since we have so much material to play. Does anybody know someone who can sing???
  • Options
    In this post, I was wanting to go more in depth about this band. I was wanting to make sure people will get an idea of what this band sounds like. We do not sound excatly like them though. I would say some of our heavy tunes sound like Smashing Pumpkins and Soundgarden (No Nu-Metal whatsoever, we hate that stuff). The drummer is influenced by Peart from Rush and Carter from DMB. The melodic tunes sound like U2, REM, and the Cure. The middle tunes I would say have a Pearl Jam vibe to it (From Vitalogy to Riot Act, personaly Ten and Vs. was good, but their later albums are so much better. They seem to just get better and better every album.) And of course there are the odd but fun instrumentals which cover blues, funk, jazz, and surf. Basically to sum it up, if you are a fan of great music that really means something then we want you. For a singer, we want someone who can really sing. Both of my favorite lead singers are Bono and Eddie Vedder (Great lyrics and great on stage) If you know someone please email. Spread the word around. We have been looking for a singer for almost a year now. We have had about 6 try out and they did not sing very well. LOL I guess there are no good singers in Bowling Green, KY. Thank you.
    PS. We are working on putting some music up on our website. Our website is in the process of being updated, but feel free to check out the pics on there. We did have an old lead singer but he quit for personal reasons.
  • Options
    Forgot to put the website up http://www.thepostwardream.com
  • Options
    i sing, im in between bands at the moment, i'm 25, and i hate where i live. do i meet the criteria? where can i here some of your music?
    i'll go to the site you posted.
  • Options
    oh yeah...i dig everything you said about your sound also. i'm not interested in wasting time though, i got a lot of lyrics ready to go. and im not wasting your time either, i can sing. ive been in a few bands. im kind of doing a project now but i might just walk away from it anyway.
  • Options
    You meet the criteria. Right now we are working on putting them on the web. Maybe I can see about mailing them to you. Just tell me a little bit more about yourself.
  • Options
    lol., i can sing, but --uh.......im 14 and live in Chile....so it aint gonna happen, besides im alreayd hooked up with a band, but its always nice to meet other bands
    Nothing Better than Leather, man!

''i dont wanna think, i wanna feel''
  • Options
    Originally posted by jpdjb1982
    Established rock band from Bowling Green, Kentucky is looking for a lead singer.

i emailed you some more info
  • Options
    I never did get your email. Sorry I have been out of town and I just checked it and never saw it.
  • Options
    We will send you a demo if you are interested in singing. Just email me and tell me about yourself.
  • Options
    I was wanting to stress the fact that were are very serious about this project. The band is located in Bowling Green, KY. About an hour and a half from Lousiville, about 50 min. from Nashville, about 4 hours from Atlanta, and about 3 hours from Cincinatti. So were are in a prime location for hitting big cities to play our music. There has to be someone that can sing.
  • Options
    There has to be someone on this planet, that wants to be in a band. We will send you a cd if you are interested. In a few days we should have them up on our website.
  • Options
    We are still looking.... there has to be someone
  • Options
    Hey dude, sorry you haven't been able to find anyone. But you might want to try and expand your search outside of the BBS. here are two sites that might be helpful.

http://www.musiciansjunction.com/

http://www.harmony-central.com/cgi-bin/musician-query.pl
  • Options
    I'm in Ft. Thomas, and I can sing.

However, as I'm thirteen, you probably don't want me.
    I've noticed that our senators
    have very funny names.
    Like Lincoln, Zell, and Saxby.
    What's wrong with things like "James"?
    I think that this is crazy.
    I think that it should stop.
    I think this is the reason
    They confirmed John Ashcroft.
  • Options
    Thanks for the website man...there has to be someone in this world that wants to sing in an established rock band. I guarantee you that if you can sing damn good, you are in. Although you must have some sense about rock music though (good stage performance, writing-but the group can help write) We lots of material, rehearsal space, and great equipment. We have been playing together for almost a year. We have had about 6 people (freaks) that have tried out. Someone has to know someone. Please help.