Options

Bass Effect Pedals

jpdjb1982jpdjb1982 Posts: 16
edited December 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Does anybody know any other great bass effect pedals? So far I have a Boss Overdrive pedal, a Digitech Chorus pedal, and a Dunlop Cry Baby Wah pedal. I am trying to figure what I should get next.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by jpdjb1982
    Does anybody know any other great bass effect pedals? So far I have a Boss Overdrive pedal, a Digitech Chorus pedal, and a Dunlop Cry Baby Wah pedal. I am trying to figure what I should get next.

Compressor/Enhancer. Trust me.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    EQ and compression.
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks man, I'll have to look into that. Does anybody know what are some of the pedals Jeff Ament uses. I did know once from an issue of Bass Player but I can't find the issue.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    http://www.giventowail.com has pics of his effects from 2003.

digitech bass whammy
    a couple fulltone bass drives and a '70 fuzz
    lots of EQ.
    a chorus
    etc
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by jpdjb1982

EH- Bass Balls.

Boss- Bass Synth

Q tron or any envelop filter.

some sort of synth.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    goto_lgoto_l Posts: 1,189
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    EH- Bass Balls.

Boss- Bass Synth

Q tron or any envelop filter.

some sort of synth.

Watch out for that Boss bass synth. I used to use 1 on my guitar set up, but the damn thing will take a while to get used to. It's the most fun I've ever found in a pedal, but it will make you pull your hair out at 1st, just a bit too sensitive. You can make some cool moog sounds on that thing though. Kinda works like an old knob synth. Set your frequencies & fly to the moon.
    You men eat your dinner
    Eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken
    Than any man ever seen

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by goto_l
    Watch out for that Boss bass synth. I used to use 1 on my guitar set up, but the damn thing will take a while to get used to. It's the most fun I've ever found in a pedal, but it will make you pull your hair out at 1st, just a bit too sensitive. You can make some cool moog sounds on that thing though. Kinda works like an old knob synth. Set your frequencies & fly to the moon.

very true. As of late the old Moog stuff is through the roof. As are the Mutrons.

A bass whammy would be cool.

EH also has a great slide synth that is fun.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    There's always flat-wound strings...