Searching: Bday present electric guitar and amp

Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
edited January 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Thanks in advance for any advice, you'll understand that a strat of gibson are not in the price range.. I'll be adding another year to my age soon, play some accoustic guitar and love it and would like to own an electric guitar, but cannot spend hundreds on it. I'd say around $/E 200?
your light's reflected now
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    Obi Once wrote:
    Thanks in advance for any advice, you'll understand that a strat of gibson are not in the price range.. I'll be adding another year to my age soon, play some accoustic guitar and love it and would like to own an electric guitar, but cannot spend hundreds on it. I'd say around $/E 200?
    if you can go a lttle higher, you could buy a pack that includes a guitar +amp
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • Well, I think the strat squier or even a low end strat is a good idea.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Obi OnceObi Once Posts: 918
    Sweet!! I searched for strat squier and found a few, under E200 incl amp! It surprises me that something that includes strat in the name can be relatively cheap. If you wanna take a look check http://www.marktplaats.nl and fill in strat squier

btw "low end" strat came up with 0 results.. is that short for something else?
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Low end means less expensive, not as good as some of the other models, etc...
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    thanks! i also understand that squier is a daughter of fender hence the lower pricing. i found one by an online store inc amp for 179!

thing is they also have Ibanez, Steiner, Stagg and many alike. is Squier better or is it the name? Ibanez also rings a bell with me and I have an accoustic western Stagg, which is good. thanks for the help!
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Obi Once wrote:
    thanks! i also understand that squier is a daughter of fender hence the lower pricing. i found one by an online store inc amp for 179!

thing is they also have Ibanez, Steiner, Stagg and many alike. is Squier better or is it the name? Ibanez also rings a bell with me and I have an accoustic western Stagg, which is good. thanks for the help!

If you can get to a store, I suggest you try everything out first.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    If you can get to a store, I suggest you try everything out first.
    thing is its an online store... we have a store here, but I doubt it'll have every brand of fender strat replicas, but yeah you are right try before you buy and try different ones.

Another Q: Its strat or lespaul that i read about, why a strat?
  • Obi Once wrote:
    thing is its an online store... we have a store here, but I doubt it'll have every brand of fender strat replicas, but yeah you are right try before you buy and try different ones.

Another Q: Its strat or lespaul that i read about, why a strat?
    I am sure they have squiers in a cool pack that includes a small amp-most places have'em. Strat's in my opinion are more versatile and they are pretty light with nice neck for starters. I like them because I learned on them pretty well. Lespauls are cool but they're heavy and bulky. Plus, you cant get a lot of different sounds with them.
    I am sure they have squiers in a cool pack that includes a small amp-most places have'em. Strat's in my opinion are more versatile and they are pretty light with nice neck for starters. I like them because I learned on them pretty well. Lespauls are cool but they're heavy and bulky. Plus, you cant get a lot of different sounds with them.
    Cool. Plus Mike has one..

The pack you speak about: http://www.feedback.nl/?id=55&b=0339260942

But the review here is kinda bad.. Varies tho..
    http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/Squier/Stratocaster/10/1
    guess it will always be a matter of taste.
  • I personally love mine. Mike plays nice strat, not squiers though. I fixed mine up after about four years and mine sounds amazing. I'm cocky enough to say I can get the same tone Mike gets outta his-I just can't play like him. Anyway, it all varies with comfort. Personally, I'd get the pack but if you want, shop around. Try out the guitar though if you can.
    I went to the store today and it was closed, so I'll go back tomorrow. Things that got me thinking are that the quality of a Squier depends on the year and country where it was made. The Ibanez GIO get great reviews and is offered for a very nice price online. I'll keep you posted, thanks for all the info!
    et voila!

100_1175.jpg
  • Obi Once wrote:
    et voila!

100_1175.jpg

That's the exact same guitar - colour and everything - I started playing on :) Good choice!
    That's the exact same guitar - colour and everything - I started playing on :) Good choice!
    wll you have certainly mastered the guitar playing, so with enough practice, who knows I might teach you something one day ;)
    I LOVE MY NEW GUITAR!!!!

Thanks for the advice, it handles great, sounds even better and I'm playing every spare moment I can find :D