Using Fast Fret on Martin Lights/good quality acoustic strings

FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Posts: 12,223
edited September 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
A good idea? Fast Fret won't knacker string coating, will it?

I've got a little gig-ette tonight, and my strings on my 12-string are only a week old but they've already got serious hand cheese. I've got some new Fast Fret here, which I've never used before in all my years of playing, and I'd like to know whether it'd be worth the application. (Usually I just re-string my instruments when the strings and fretboard get a bit, er, jizzy.) I've read about using fancy alcohol solutions, but I'd rather drink that. ;)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    A good idea? Fast Fret won't knacker string coating, will it?

I've got a little gig-ette tonight, and my strings on my 12-string are only a week old but they've already got serious hand cheese. I've got some new Fast Fret here, which I've never used before in all my years of playing, and I'd like to know whether it'd be worth the application. (Usually I just re-string my instruments when the strings and fretboard get a bit, er, jizzy.) I've read about using fancy alcohol solutions, but I'd rather drink that. ;)

should be just fine, I've used it to condition the fret board when changing strings and I rub it on the frets too. I think Fast Fret is great, it should help clean your strings just fine. Good luck tonight.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Cheers, Paco, and thanks for the quick reply!
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Once I started using fast fret after every practice session with my guitar, the strings sounded good a billion times longer than when I didn't do anything. That stuff is great... really helps playability too.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • When you're changing strings, you can use it on youor fretboard, too?
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy