Fingerpickers and nail problems

FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Posts: 12,223
edited September 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
How do you combat blistering and nails splitting, on your picking hand? Do you use plastic nails? False nails? Or do you wear your fingers out to the stump?

I've been playing for twenty years, so I'm no beginner, but I still get nail problems. Any tips? (Guitar player tips, I mean, not fingertips. I've still got those. Just.)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Q: what did the leper say to the prostitute?

A: keep the tip!!!

can you varnish/lacquer them to harden them Finsy??? email Bert Jansch... he knows! ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Q: what did the leper say to the prostitute?

A: keep the tip!!!

can you varnish/lacquer them to harden them Finsy??? email Bert Jansch... he knows! ;)

I could go to some blonde, beautiful salon woman, and ask for falsies - just on the one hand only - but she might give me funny looks. ("Do you need to feel like it's somebody else?") Anyway, enough of that. ;)
  • i know how you feel, my guitar instructor is insisting on a no pick policy.

he says painting your nails with acrylic works just fine. It's been useful so far...