Digitech EX7 Expression Factory

FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Posts: 12,223
edited June 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Not tried one. Given what it is (a lot of digital simulations in one package), any thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeX_G-0PdqE

Sounds okay, clean.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Sounds a little processed to me. Not really so hot in my book. But that's just one opinion, if you dig it more power to you.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Sounds a little processed to me. Not really so hot in my book. But that's just one opinion, if you dig it more power to you.

I've not tried one in person, yet, mind. Really, I'm thinking it might be a handy pedal for me, because I'm starting to gig nationwide now, doing small gigs and travelling on the train, and an all-in-one pedal like this will be ideal for lugging gear around. I'm a semi-acoustic musician, too, so the whole thing will sound a bit different, anyway. Cheers!
  • I've not tried one in person, yet, mind. Really, I'm thinking it might be a handy pedal for me, because I'm starting to gig nationwide now, doing small gigs and travelling on the train, and an all-in-one pedal like this will be ideal for lugging gear around. I'm a semi-acoustic musician, too, so the whole thing will sound a bit different, anyway. Cheers!

There you go bud, if it works for you. That is all that matters!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    I've not tried one in person, yet, mind. Really, I'm thinking it might be a handy pedal for me, because I'm starting to gig nationwide now, doing small gigs and travelling on the train, and an all-in-one pedal like this will be ideal for lugging gear around. I'm a semi-acoustic musician, too, so the whole thing will sound a bit different, anyway. Cheers!

Congrats on the increase in your gigs.
    I'm an analoga-saurus, but being a home player, I can get away with that. I have toyed with teh idea of getting a digital delay for more precise control over delay intervals, for covers like Edge and Gilmour.
    If I were travelling as you are, and needing to walk on stage and start playing using an unknown back-line, I would almost certainly go teh way if a multi-effects pedal.
    It sounds like you use lots of delay in your stuff as well.
    I have often said, that tone purity is most important when you are playing for yourself.
    When playing for others, it matters a whole lot less.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    I can't speak for this pedal, but I do have the distortion DF7, which is from the same line of pedals. and it is a good pedal and worth the money imo. I can say with certainty that the DF7's "tubescreamer" is absolutely identical to the Ibanez TS-9 as I've played them side by side. that said, there are other pedals that I prefer more, but for an all in one package, it's a pretty damn good deal.