CGDGCD is the new DADGAD

FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Posts: 12,223
edited June 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've been playing DADGAD for the best part of twenty years, but I've now decided CGDGCD is better. You can play scales fluidly, and chords just seem to appear under your fingers. Try it! It's lovely.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I love dropped C...can play such good hardcore into crazy breakdowns
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • I've written a couple of songs in CGDGAD and CGCGCE over the years, but I love the sound of CGDGCD right now, because it's so melodic.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    You are probably right, BUT, do I really need yet another tuning to add to the goddamn list.

I suppose 21 is no different to 20 though, just one more to have to deal with !!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • When I first got into tunings, I went bonkers trying new ones, but over time I've settled into just a couple. GCDGCD feels like a keeper, though!
  • You are probably right, BUT, do I really need yet another tuning to add to the goddamn list.

I suppose 21 is no different to 20 though, just one more to have to deal with !!

just buy another guitar. ;)

problem solved! :D
  • Where have I seen that tuning before..? (cgdgcd)...
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    just buy another guitar. ;)

problem solved! :D

Why do you think I have so many already ??

E standard (Les PAul, expet GnR sounds best on this, so gets changed to Eb a lot, then back again), Eb ( Buffy is always in this), drop D ( don't use this much, only Fucking Up), open A for White STripes except the same songs on DVD are in open G MOstly my Gretach, GGDGBD (Daughter), learnt to play Given to Fly in standard cos I cound'nt be stuffed changing thinsgs, D standard for some Metallica/Sabbath (Viper), again don't use it much, Zep uses open D,C,G that I can think of puls some other screwy things I never touch.
    And that's just what I can think of, it's hardly an exhaustive list, just what I can cope with !!

Even with the strat coming, Mike is always in standard, but Jimi/SRV always in Eb, so yet more stuffing around. MOstly I play that stuff on Buffy at the mo, but the tone is good but not right.

So, all respect to FPC's creativity, but I don't need anoather tuniong, unless he is springing for a tech full time !!!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    nice I'll try it today when I put new strings on my acoustic.

I always liked DADGAD, this should be fun.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Can't beat Eb Ab Db Gb Bb eb. That's the real shiiit there :D
  • danny72688 wrote:
    Can't beat Eb Ab Db Gb Bb eb. That's the real shiiit there :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3Sc8xG_KLI

Ya mean summa deeees sheeeeet? :D
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3Sc8xG_KLI

Ya mean summa deeees sheeeeet? :D
    Hell yeah!
  • GCDGCD is the sheeeet!
  • who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    Funny! I was JUST talking to a great fella about this last week.
    At a pub just before the Pearl Jam show at Wembley. The Green something or other?
    I had a Guinness with him then never saw him again! :D

It was great to meet you, Fins! I finally DID find Bambi Girl, and what a show, eh?

Good times all around!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

It was great to meet you, Fins! I finally DID find Bambi Girl, and what a show, eh?

Good times all around!

Marvellous, Bob! :D