Boss DD-6 or Digitech Digidelay?

FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Posts: 12,223
edited April 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
A lot of Digitech pedals I've tried out are horrible, but I like their Digidelay a lot. OF THE TWO pedals I mention - I stress, of the two only - which do you prefer, and why?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    A lot of Digitech pedals I've tried out are horrible, but I like their Digidelay a lot. OF THE TWO pedals I mention - I stress, of the two only - which do you prefer, and why?
    I have BOTH
    and I love both! The Digidelay is amazing. I use that as a loop pedal and my main delay for solos is the DD6. I think they're tied. I love the warp function with the DD6. The Digi has the reverse though which is pretty cool. Try them both out, I think they're both pretty even.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Yep, I have, but I'm going to make a purchase next week. For what I do, I think the Digitech might come in handier. I'm a big fan of trippy guitar drone loops in open tunings, and the Digitech has a four second delay maximum, which gives you more room to fool around. Cheers!
  • MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    The Digi has the reverse though which is pretty cool.

Doesn't the DD-6 have the Reverse function too?
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Doesn't the DD-6 have the Reverse function too?
    Yeah it does. I've got a DD-6 but it just has digital delay - no analog simulation. That's why I'm going to replace it with the new DD-7 that's out next month.
    Yep, I have, but I'm going to make a purchase next week. For what I do, I think the Digitech might come in handier. I'm a big fan of trippy guitar drone loops in open tunings, and the Digitech has a four second delay maximum, which gives you more room to fool around. Cheers!
    Yeah. Digitech has a longer one on the tap tempo too. If you're into trippy, go with the digital delay. You got more options there.
  • Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Line 6 Dl4's are also excellent with a loop and reverse feature. It's digital.

For the best analog delay out there at a decent price a Deluxe Memory Man is a must. Trsut me, in ten year's they'll be worth $700.
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Murderers wrote:
    Line 6 Dl4's are also excellent with a loop and reverse feature. It's digital.

For the best analog delay out there at a decent price a Deluxe Memory Man is a must. Trsut me, in ten year's they'll be worth $700.

Yep, I know those two, well. Just interested in these two pedals for now. But cheers.
  • Yep, I know those two, well. Just interested in these two pedals for now. But cheers.
    Sure you don't want a look at the DD-7? It's actually less than the DD-6 on this site: http://www.giggear.co.uk/home/index.php?m=shop&prodid=4566
    Lots more features.
    DD7 pretty much compares to the Digidelay with features. I LOVE the digidelay features. Go with that
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Hmmm. I have the DD2 or 3 I think, since mid-80s, and use it all the time. I like to call it my "The Edge" effects pedal...

But then I saw Liam Finn and heard Eddie do ARC! The DD7 only has 6.4 seconds or so of delay, but then it says "Hold Time" ???

And I quote: Up to 6.4 seconds of delay time is available with the DD-7, a marked increase from its predecessor. In addition, Hold mode allows up to 40 seconds of input to be recorded for creating "sound-on-sound" performances.

---
    SO that 40 seconds of "sound-on-sound" is that kinda what ARC would use? Only I'm thinking that's ONE live sound over the ONE hold sound? So you couldn't really build an ARC in 10 passes ?

But you COULD do the Liam thing? Record a pretty good long riff and have that loop while you solo over it? Could you then add the lead on the riff (2 sounds) and switch to drums? Having two "tracks" or passes loop?

Liam blew my mind....
    [sic] happens
  • ^ You can record multiple tracks. If you watch the demo video, the guitarists really layer stuff up. It sounds like like you could pull Arc off with that.
  • I just bought the Digidelay. I haven't tried it yet. I'm so excited, I might even vacuum my carpet first. :D
    I just bought the Digidelay. I haven't tried it yet. I'm so excited, I might even vacuum my carpet first. :D
    Hahah, congrats!! Let us know your thoughts, please.
  • I got the DD-20 - now thats a box full of fun - check it out.
  • I just recorded a beautiful, horrible reverse delay mess on webcam. :D

I was going for a psychedelic cross between backwards guitar Jimi madness and one of the more insane parts of Coltrane's Ascension. Hehehe, I might put it up on Youtube. The sound recording clips like fuck because I had the levels too high, but it's great fun. How many other pedals allow you to "freeform" like that?!! :D
  • Well, I've played a few gigs with the pedal now, but last night I got to give it its biggest test, yet. 12-string Sigma > Guyatone Fuzz > Vox Wah > Digitech Digidelay in stereo, into two DIs. Hahaha, solo acoustic guitar at 108 decibels. :D The PA speakers were Mackie, really good quality new ones, and it sounded fantastic. I'd recommend this little box for anyone, unless you really want superlong delay. Stereo reverse delay is a whole new soundscape. One girl in the audience said afterwards that she closed her eyes and the sounds seemed to be coming from inside her head. I don't exactly know what that means, but with a Digitech Digidelay onstage, who needs MKULTRA? :D

Thanks for the recommendations, everyone. My three main settings are 5, 6 and 7.
    Well, I've played a few gigs with the pedal now, but last night I got to give it its biggest test, yet. 12-string Sigma > Guyatone Fuzz > Vox Wah > Digitech Digidelay in stereo, into two DIs. Hahaha, solo acoustic guitar at 108 decibels. :D The PA speakers were Mackie, really good quality new ones, and it sounded fantastic. I'd recommend this little box for anyone, unless you really want superlong delay. Stereo reverse delay is a whole new soundscape. One girl in the audience said afterwards that she closed her eyes and the sounds seemed to be coming from inside her head. I don't exactly know what that means, but with a Digitech Digidelay onstage, who needs MKULTRA? :D

Thanks for the recommendations, everyone. My three main settings are 5, 6 and 7.

Glad it works out for you! Mine crapped out on me at a live show. I haven't checked it out yet but I had my DD-6. Still, I'd take the digi over the DD6