Elderly Woman (acoustic version)?

Betterman77Betterman77 Posts: 92
edited July 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Ok anyone ever heard the acoustic version of Elderly woman, its found on the go single, anyways Sounds like Stone or Mike are strumming HARD on thier acoustics, now ive tried playing it like that on my acoustic to get that same hard strum type of sound, but I get buzz like crazy totally sounds like shit, I can't hear the slightest buzz on thier guitars, I ve also tried on other different acoustics and played it the same way, and still get tons of buzz when strumming that hard, any idea's why im getting the buzz but they don't?
"Keep on Rockin In the Free World"

"Gimli,MB 08-14-93"
"Fargo,ND 06-15-03"
"Winnipeg,MB 09-08-05"
"Thunder Bay,ON 09-09-05"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• a few reasons...

these guys are paid pro's, so you coudl imagien how nicely thier guitars are set up. also i would recomend using a lighter pick, it creates less stress moving string to string, like a .61, or .63? whatever it is may work, even a .50 woudl do. a lighter pick allows you to hit the strings harder, without stressing them as much because the pick takes more of the hit if it can follow through, try this, heavy acoustic playing is a skill that needs to be aqquired, but i'm sure you'll get it with practise, also make sure your fretting hand is clear of other ringing strings

H

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • Good call harrison.

I recently started using thin picks instead of medium ones, and I;ve noticed a world of difference.

I really love the thin ones for strumming and even picking stuff, they're great and I feel so much more flexible.

Ever tried that "Jellyfish" pick???
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • dcartercdcarterc Posts: 1
    Does anyone know where this acoustic version can be downloaded or purchased? Not sure if it's still for sale via retail because the single is a bit older.

Any suggestions?

Much appreciated! Thanks!