Les Paul Studio

Betterman77Betterman77 Posts: 92
edited April 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Ok I was wondering about a Gibson les paul studio, I can get a decent deal on one, was just wondering if they are good guitars, and are they mainly made for going in the studio with or are they great gigging guitars also?
"Keep on Rockin In the Free World"

"Gimli,MB 08-14-93"
"Fargo,ND 06-15-03"
"Winnipeg,MB 09-08-05"
"Thunder Bay,ON 09-09-05"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• samquigleysamquigley Posts: 220
    An LP Studio is the smart man's LP Standard. Same guitar, just without the fancy binding and shit.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    biffhardon wrote:
    An LP Studio is the smart man's LP Standard. Same guitar, just without the fancy binding and shit.

+1

If you don't need the binding or silly top or "braz" rosewood (which is endangered anyhow), I'd say go with a studio if you must rock a Les Paul :)
  • evergladeeverglade Posts: 12
    Ok I was wondering about a Gibson les paul studio, I can get a decent deal on one, was just wondering if they are good guitars, and are they mainly made for going in the studio with or are they great gigging guitars also?

LPStudio is a great guitar, man!!!! In studio or on stage it kicks ass
    driiiink up
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,844
    I've got a Studio and I love it. I was dumb and didn't have strap locks on it and cracked the neck, but after a decent fee it was back just as new. Get a Studio if you can and get strap locks.
  • Buying a Standard or Studio Les Paul is a critical decision. If you can afford the 'Standard' or 'Classic' Model, buy it. If you can only afford a studio buy that, you're going to get a very similar sound.t

There's more of a difference than just the binding on the body. The Standard has a carved Maple top, binded to the Mahogany body, whereas, the studio is all Mahogony.

Best way is to try all of them, Weight, Feel, Sound and Looking. Looking good is just as important as sounding good. Why else would this thred exist.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    my studio is prettier than yours.