tom morello

afaridafarid Posts: 177
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
hey how does he get that sound where you can hear every note of his riffs. You know the sound of his distortion is very distinct .
thanks
Toronto 03, 05, 06, 09
Montreal 03, 05
Kitchener 03
Ottawa 05
New Jersey 06
Chicago 07
Washington DC 08
NYC 08
EDDIE 08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    50 Watt Marshall JCM 900 I think. With a 4x10 Peavy cab. The 4x10's are nice for punch.

That, and wonderful, brilliant, flawless, technique. The man practices like a crazy person, 8 hours a day while at Harvard.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Try guitargeek.com I think this is the site that exhausted use to say has gear listed. I could be wrong though.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • ShredShred Posts: 28
    8 hours a day is nothing, i do 5 hours and im just a college student. ppl like zack wylde and steve vai practice 12-13 hours everyday
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Originally posted by Shred
    8 hours a day is nothing, i do 5 hours and im just a college student. ppl like zack wylde and steve vai practice 12-13 hours everyday

8 hours a day whilst a student at harvard.
  • Originally posted by exhausted
    http://guitargeek.com/rigview/124/

That is a pretty cool site!
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    I think alot of it is his style of playing and his technique....but he uses alot of weird effects as well.....and using a power drill and screwdrivers on his strings doesn't hurt either.
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • Originally posted by Shred

While i do admit i love playing guitar, i could never practice 12 to 13 hours a day let alone eight. i just don't see how i could fit that much time in unless i didn't have a life.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i'm lucky if i get an hour in. of course, i have a job, a fiance, a house to look after etc. etc. and i also suck at guitar. hmmmm.
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    12- 13 hours

no wonder we are all on a message board today....damn
  • ExodusExodus Posts: 212
    i go with a good 1-5 hours per day, on average...
    Tom's best guitar playing is by far on the song "Take the Power Back"... friggin great solo
    Between the conception and the creation

Between the emotion and the response

Falls the shadow.
  • jodijodi Posts: 183
    i play 1 or 2 hours a day..
    Tom is great.. have this great book, 10 rage songs with a cd.. learned killing in the name of..and this week bombtrack..
    cool!
    There's a light,... when my baby's in my arms...
    And I know she's reached my heart,... in thin air
  • let's not forget he generally uses guitars with single coil pickups... i.e. strats and telecasters. I think they are generally more distinct than the often muddy sound of humbuckers
    Whips of your opinion down my back give me more

Jeff Buckley