pro tools vs logic

afaridafarid Posts: 177
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I am just starting my career as an engineer and i want to know out of protools or logic which one would you prefer and why
Toronto 03, 05, 06, 09
Montreal 03, 05
Kitchener 03
Ottawa 05
New Jersey 06
Chicago 07
Washington DC 08
NYC 08
EDDIE 08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    ProTools is like Wal-Mart... everywhere you travel, you'll find it. If you plan on working in various locations, with other people's gear, ProTools is the universal application. Now, if you plan on building your OWN system and using that, you could go either way... but the same rule applies in reverse: If someone else wants to work in your studio, they'll likely be quite familiar with ProTools. And, if you want the projects done on your system to transfer to other systems, ProTools sessions will transfer easily. It's sort of a necessary evil, but at least ProTools is a good program.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Pro Tools is great. Ive used Cakewalk, Sonar, Cubase and a little bit of Logic for years. When I switched over to Pro Tools, for weeks I kept finding myself going "cool!" on how PT does things. Very clever and logical.

Also you can get a MBOX bundle with Pro Tools LE for around $449 which is a great way to get started with it PT.