The Big Muff

afaridafarid Posts: 177
edited July 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
hey guys I just got a a Big muff, Small Clone, Boss DD3 delay, and CRy Baby, and a boss flnager. Any suggestions on which sequence I should set them up in.
Toronto 03, 05, 06, 09
Montreal 03, 05
Kitchener 03
Ottawa 05
New Jersey 06
Chicago 07
Washington DC 08
NYC 08
EDDIE 08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• amp - delay - flanger/small clone (whichever way you like best) - big muff - crybaby - guitar

that's what i'd do, but try out different sequences and see what works for you.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • amp - delay - flanger/small clone (whichever way you like best) - big muff - crybaby - guitar

that's what i'd do, but try out different sequences and see what works for you.
    perfect.

i like what he said best... whatever you do delay must be first from amp.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I could think of better places to put a flanger and a chorus.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • I could think of better places to put a flanger and a chorus.
    trash can? :)
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
    trash can? :)

You heard it here first, folks!
  • You heard it here first, folks!
    haha...lucky guess as i already knew your despise for chorus pedals, but your hatred of flangers is new to me.

honestly i've never even played a chorus or flanger, so i don't have much of an opinion :)

are electro-harmonix pedals pretty nice...i've heard sweet reviews of their analog delay.

• afaridafarid Posts: 177
    I play funk so I need the Chorus and Fknager to get a good clean sound plus when you play it with a wah ot os just amazing. Besides if you add chorus to your distortion it gives you a more thicker and prnounced tone. Anyhow The muff is the best it has such a supreme tone.
    Toronto 03, 05, 06, 09
    Montreal 03, 05
    Kitchener 03
    Ottawa 05
    New Jersey 06
    Chicago 07
    Washington DC 08
    NYC 08
    EDDIE 08
  • afarid wrote:
    I play funk so I need the Chorus and Fknager to get a good clean sound plus when you play it with a wah ot os just amazing. Besides if you add chorus to your distortion it gives you a more thicker and prnounced tone. Anyhow The muff is the best it has such a supreme tone.
    i got a big muff a few weeks ago and hated it.

i returned that p.o.s...

gonna use that money to help get a flender :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Where are you people getting your Big Muffs? I thought they stopped making them.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • "Where are you people getting your Big Muffs? I thought they stopped making them"

The american Big Muff can be had at guitar center. I sold mine cause I was also dissapointed. It is pretty cool, if you're billy corgan. It is a 1 trick pony. It muddies up REALLY fast. I am considering a flender solution.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
    I love my Big Muff... I have the Russian version, and it serves the single purpose of being the rudest possible noise. I have my tubescreamers and my Shannon OD for stuff that needs to be more tame or needs more flexibility, but the Big Muff is like a worst-case-scenario pedal... If you need to go over the top, get a Muff. It is a one-trick pony, but no other pony can do that same trick the exact same way (with the possible exception of some boutique pedals costing 5 times as much, or a Line 6 DM-4). I'd also like to get an MXR Blue Box for the times the Big Muff is too tame, but all things in time.