Need an AMP, any suggestions

afaridafarid Posts: 177
edited September 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hi guys I am moving into my own apartment and away from my parents basement. Hence I will not be able to rock out on a 60 watt amp. So do you guys have any suggestion on what kind of small amp I can buy which will be good for practice and RECORDING. Cause i do intend to record suff.

Later and to all my Torontonian Jammer see you in a week .
Toronto 03, 05, 06, 09
Montreal 03, 05
Kitchener 03
Ottawa 05
New Jersey 06
Chicago 07
Washington DC 08
NYC 08
EDDIE 08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• what's your budget? You should buy a tube amp if at all possible.
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
  • afaridafarid Posts: 177
    dude I am moving in an apartement condo. I dont think the nieghbours will enjoy me rocking out to my tube amp
    Toronto 03, 05, 06, 09
    Montreal 03, 05
    Kitchener 03
    Ottawa 05
    New Jersey 06
    Chicago 07
    Washington DC 08
    NYC 08
    EDDIE 08
  • You can get a 5 or 10 watt tube amp.. it all depends on your budget.
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I did not know that but I do not think they will be good for recording. what do you think. I know marshall has an MS4 but I heard it is not that good
    Toronto 03, 05, 06, 09
    Montreal 03, 05
    Kitchener 03
    Ottawa 05
    New Jersey 06
    Chicago 07
    Washington DC 08
    NYC 08
    EDDIE 08
  • Why don't you think they'll be good for recording?

I know Crate makes 5, 10, and 15 watt tube amps.
    I read a review on it. Any how I have a BIG MUFF, SMALL CLONE, DOD DISTORTION, WAH, DELAY and FLANGER PEDAL. Any how I know Brian may has a small amp that he used for recordeing. Anyways have you recorded usinga small amp.
    Toronto 03, 05, 06, 09
    Montreal 03, 05
    Kitchener 03
    Ottawa 05
    New Jersey 06
    Chicago 07
    Washington DC 08
    NYC 08
    EDDIE 08
  • Tech 21 Trademark 10
    Fender Champ
    Vox AD15VT or 30

The Tech 21 records well
  • Isn't the vibrochamp used often for recording?
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Roland Cube.

end of thread.
  • Isn't the vibrochamp used often for recording?

I track a LOT with my Vibro Champ.

But you're probably getting confused with the regular ol' Champ amp. The old tweed Champs are the infamous tracking amps (a la Keith Richards), but the blackface Champs are also really nice. At 6 watts, the Champ is a great way to go for a small tube practice/recording amp, and the silverface Champs can usually be had for a decent price.

Roland Cube users swear by them, so that's a good call... but they are also a love 'em or hate 'em kinda amp.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    i only been playing for a couple months an i got a new amp on the weekend. a new line6 112. i know its not that great but it does the job for me and has plenty of power, plus there's heaps of effects (not that i use them at the moment). but if want a shitload of effects go a line6

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • afarid wrote:
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I did not know that but I do not think they will be good for recording. what do you think. I know marshall has an MS4 but I heard it is not that good

a 5 or 10 watt tube amp would be the best thing you could get to record with IMO.
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
  • Low wattage=lower volume sweet tone

I think basically everybody uses smaller amps to record. Page and Brian May are the ones who most people talk about but the amp that brian may used was just tiny.
  • WESWES Posts: 168
    i have heard nothing but good things about Traynor amps. A friend of mine recently purchased a Traynor 15watt all tube amp and i was extremely impressed...