Another Big Muff question...

WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
edited April 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
The only difference between the USA and Russian versions on musiciansfriend that I can see is the bypass. What's the difference between "True Bypass" and "Buffered"? Pros? Cons?
7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
8-8-09 Calgary
9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
My URL
http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    they're both true bypass now.

the circuits are different and the components of the russian one are much cheaper.

however, i think it sounds better.

the new little big muff is somewhere in the middle.
  • armanHammerarmanHammer Posts: 471
    correct me if i'm wrong, but if a true bypass pedal runs out of power, your signal will go through. but if a buffered bypass pedal runs out of power, your rig will go silent. big advantage of true bypass.
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    correct me if i'm wrong, but if a true bypass pedal runs out of power, your signal will go through. but if a buffered bypass pedal runs out of power, your rig will go silent. big advantage of true bypass.
    Plus true bypass means there isn't signal loss when the pedal is off... It's as if the pedal wasn't there.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • armanHammerarmanHammer Posts: 471
    True, but in my experiences, I notice no signal loss with non true bypass pedals. Even if there is, so what? (not that I'm arguing that true bypass is overhyped. It IS better)
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
  • I was playing a us muff in a store just recently and the guy I was talking to said the russian made had a really different voice. The word 'weaker' might have been used but I'm not sure.

7/02/06 Denver
    12/02/06 Honolulu