stupid question humor me

fi4201fi4201 Posts: 16
edited February 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
What is the strumming pattern like for elderley woman?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• half the people in the world think its the easiest song ever half the people just can't get it. I am in ur boat unfortunately :)
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    all you can do is hear it and try to get a feeling for it.

it's a waltz time signature.
  • Dammit go look at the fender telecaster thread. I am waiting for some more people to post their opinion on the topic and the differences I posted. You to paco...MIG
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • jeffjeff Posts: 12
    its funny you ask because i just started learning that the other day.........i understand why you ask though because it is not very easy.....i can get it to sound descent at best..but..i cant really explain the strumm pattern i'm not that guitarly inclined to put it into two words.....but i do wish you the very best in learning it...i'm not that far along in my guitar skills i only know the basics like g, d, Am,c, etc........so a song like elderly woman is fun because of the easy chords.....except the timing of the strumming is a little unconventional, for me anyways......good luck,.....by the way where are you from are you a ten member...??? i've been a pj fan for about 4 years and i just became a member like two months ago.....i'm such a procrastinator.....peace out god bless from jeff
    I've been listening since the beginning and they only get better with age.
  • It depends on how you play it. Personally, I play it in DADGAD and it sounds just right, even if it isn't the tuning used on "Vs." The chord shapes are more simple; they only require one or two strings, which gives you more room to drone a chord but add little bass runs to give it more body. You can double up your strumming as you build up through "I just want to scream hello" and get a good momentum...with the tuning you'll get a modal kind of drone that approaches that "third sound" we all aim for...then, towards the end, go back to a straightforward 3/4 rhythm again.
    As someone said, play according to how you feel, but I would recommend tuning your guitar down to DADGAD and for fun finding the chord shapes by ear, then working on a rhythmic arrangement.