Vocal Warm Ups....

AliAli Posts: 2,621
edited October 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Does anybody have any challenging vocal warm ups,lets say working on a scale warming up with some intense exercises?Like I's to VII ths...
something that works the ear and the chops while also working the diaphragm?

Reccommend a good womans song to sing a cappella or with accompaniment,
modern or classical?

Thanks -allison;)
A whisper and a thrill
A whisper and a chill
adv2005

"Why do I bother?"
The 11th Commandment.
"Whatever"

PETITION TO STOP THE BAN OF SMOKING IN BARS IN THE UNITED STATES....Anyone?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Ali wrote:
    Does anybody have any challenging vocal warm ups,lets say working on a scale warming up with some intense exercises?Like I's to VII ths...
    something that works the ear and the chops while also working the diaphragm?

Reccommend a good womans song to sing a cappella or with accompaniment,
    modern or classical?

Thanks -allison;)

i don't know where you are from what you are like and how old you are, but if you are interested in unconventional ways i'd say rum or vodka, but tea works too. But that's just my warm up
    ~It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not - ?~

~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same -?~

~Education is the most powerfull weapon you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela~
  • AliAli Posts: 2,621
    i don't know where you are from what you are like and how old you are, but if you are interested in unconventional ways i'd say rum or vodka, but tea works too. But that's just my warm up
    I'm 32.
    Vodka makes me choke...I prefer cigareetes before I sing rock...
    But classicall...you need a clear frame of throat.

Looking for songs that can be applied to modern music but that help musicianship.Any ideas?

allison
    A whisper and a thrill
    A whisper and a chill
    adv2005

"Why do I bother?"
    The 11th Commandment.
    "Whatever"

PETITION TO STOP THE BAN OF SMOKING IN BARS IN THE UNITED STATES....Anyone?
  • Ali wrote:
    I'm 32.
    Vodka makes me choke...I prefer cigareetes before I sing rock...
    But classicall...you need a clear frame of throat.

Looking for songs that can be applied to modern music but that help musicianship.Any ideas?

allison

maybe Bjork? she has a good range, and the latest album is vocals only so not distracting at all, maybe that helps? Album is called Medula i believe.
    ~It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not - ?~

~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same -?~

~Education is the most powerfull weapon you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela~
  • http://www.songwriter.com/susan/workout.html

i use it every other day. it is great.
  • tboneotboneo Posts: 20
    I hope you understand some musical theroy or else this will all be a bunch of mush to you.
    my fave vocal warm up is singing vocal scales. the root, 3rd, 5th, 7th and 8th note of a major scale. there is a name for this scale but i can't remember it. but it's basicaly your first note followed by every harmony of that note.