new Martin

likepilatelikepilate Posts: 12
edited July 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Today I went to the music store to buy some strings and ended up walking out with a new Martin acoustic. It was the strangest thing...after picking up the strings I decided to just stroll the acoustic guitar section of our local music store in Toledo, Ohio. I walked by the Gibsons and Taylors...and ended up by the Martin section. I have always wanted a Martin acoustic but have never been able to justify spending so much money for one to myself.

This was different. I pulled one down from the wall. It was a Drednought, DC-15E acoustic-electric. As soon as I started playing it, I knew this was my guitar. I sat there completely lost in the instrument for about 30 minutes before walking to the front desk and telling one of the store clerks that I wanted it.

Sometimes I think there is a pre-determined pull between people and instruments...whether it is the energy from the people who put it together, or where the instrument comes from. It is rare, I think, to experience such an immediate love...but this was one of those times. After buying it, I sat and played for some time...it's a great guitar.

"Music is my savior." --Jeff Tweedy
"...sarcasm and compassion are two of the qualities that make life on Earth tolerable." -- Nick Hornby

2016: Lexington, KY
2014: Cincinnati, OH
2013: Pittsburgh, PA
2010: Noblesville, IN & Columbus, OH
2007: Chicago, IL
2006: Cincinnati, OH & Cleveland, OH
2005: Ottawa, ON
2004: Toledo, OH
2003: Columbus, OH & Cleveland, OH
2000: Columbus, OH
1998: Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    That's happened to me too many times. There's a pawn shop here that carries some pretty nice stuff, and I always stop in when I'm out making the rounds. I walked in one day, and saw one guitar before I saw anything else in the store. I bought it right then. It was meant to be.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.