?

GrungeminionGrungeminion Posts: 28
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
on the back of my amp(marshall mg 100w dfx) there is a switch. pushed in =rack and out = pedal wat the hell is it for ???
i have a gnx3 and when i plug it in to fx return and put the switch on pedal theres a a fuzzy sound not in anyway nice, and when i have it switched to rack its fine What the hell is the going on is rack for digital equipment and pedal just for normal singular pedals ?
my gnxs signal has been modified to be pluged into a 100watt
THE SKY IS BLUE,
and all the leaves are green,
MY HEARTS AS FULL AS A BAKED POTATO.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    yeah you're right. Rack is for hotter low impedence signals. Pedal is for high impedence pedals. The buzz you get is from mismatched impedence I'm pretty sure.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    It's the difference between a 9volt guitar foot-pedal and an AC-powered rack-mounted pro effect. Instrument systems run at -10 dBu, and pro gear runs at +4 dBu. It's hard to tell what some stuff is (there is rack gear that runs at instrument-level, and multi-FX stomps that run at pro-level) but that's the general difference.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.