strings for my tele....

triple ctriple c Posts: 35
edited July 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
i have some cheap ass strings on there and im sick of them. recommend some. i want a fatter sound than i have now too.

ive heard good shit about elixirs?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Switch to .13's and tune to D.

It's what SRV did.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • For my strat i use Fender super bullets.

For my LP i used GHS Boomers.

For a non-tremelo tele (which i'm going to assume yours is), i'd go with GHS Boomers, gauges .10-.46.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • djyman15djyman15 Posts: 181

It's what SRV did.

Might as well get some super glue, because your gonna need it to put the pads back on your fingers like he did
    "Even if your heart would listen, I doubt I could explain"-Jimmy Eat World
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    I use GHS Boomer 11-50 set on my tele... I use 10-46 on my SG.

The tele is still brighter than the SG, and the pups are not as strong. A lot of fatness can come from your amp or other settings.
    There's No Code.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Switch to DR tite fit or high beam 11-50's. roll back the treble a bit and pull up the mids a little.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod

It's what SRV did.

I had .14's on my kramer, didn't tune down though...1/4 bends felt like 1/2 bends, 1/2 bends felt like full bends, etc. But man, it had a GREAT sound. Now that guitar is tuned down to c#, with the dark purple 11 - 50 d'addario set of strings, except the b string is my E...and so on, I had to get a single .60 for the low E. It sounds evil.

Then I have a set of 12-52 fenders on my Mustang, 11-50 d'addario on my tele, 10's on my ibanez....stupid floating bridge.
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com