Ok, another please dont laugh re: wah pedal

triple ctriple c Posts: 35
edited August 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
i bought a crybaby wah pedal a week ago. i plugged it in last nite w/o thinkin about what i was doing. i guess i plugged the cord into the wrong jack on the pedal. i turned on and started playin and click on the wah. WEIRD FUCKIN NOISES. but they were pretty cool.

so my question is whats the harm done, if any? when i plugged it in right it sounded fine, so it didnt seem to mess anything up. also, what are the possible consequences to this? the noises that i was making were wild, and if its not gonna fuck anything up i would do it again......to emperiment.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• :eek:
    Oh MAN!,,,, It's no good anymore. Throw it in the river with the burnt up guitar!:D

Actually, you probably did no harm if it was for a couple seconds. People mistakenly plug in backwards like that all the time. If you did that consistently, I'm sure some resistors would burn out, or potentially burn out something in your amp, but,,,,,,

I think that's how David Gilmour got that screaming sound on Echoes.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    Oh MAN!,,,, It's no good anymore. Throw it in the river with the burnt up guitar!:D

Actually, you probably did no harm if it was for a couple seconds. People mistakenly plug in backwards like that all the time. If you did that consistently, I'm sure some resistors would burn out, or potentially burn out something in your amp, but,,,,,,

I think that's how David Gilmour got that screaming sound on Echoes.

holy shit, when i started playing i was like "damn, sounds like some floyd shit right there"
  • Now that's interesting... I wouldn't mind trying that myself except I'm a giant chicken. Maybe we can get a little more info on the long term effects of such craziness.
  • Some wag put out a rumour that Hendrix played a nose flute at the end of "If Six Was Nine" but the sound you hear screaming at the end is a Vox wah wah patch plugged barse ackwards and recorded with a lot of compression.
  • triple ctriple c Posts: 35
    Originally posted by FinsburyParkCarrots
    Some wag put out a rumour that Hendrix played a nose flute at the end of "If Six Was Nine" but the sound you hear screaming at the end is a Vox wah wah patch plugged barse ackwards and recorded with a lot of compression.

I love that song and its weird how artists add shit like that seemingly for no reason, but to me those things add so much