What do you know about "RockerNeck"?

INVDDRLUSTINVDDRLUST Posts: 80
edited August 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I heard about Rick James' death on CNN and there was a very short segment that mentioned the singer suffered from "Rocker Neck" or something very close to that phrase.
What is it? Is this a new syndrome or an old one with a new name?
"Justice cannot be for one side alone but must be for both" Eleanor Roosevelt
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by INVDDRLUST
    I heard about Rick James' death on CNN and there was a very short segment that mentioned the singer suffered from "Rocker Neck" or something very close to that phrase.
    What is it? Is this a new syndrome or an old one with a new name?

I dunno...

But it sounds like something Spinal Tap would suffer from.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • djyman15djyman15 Posts: 181
    haha, perhaps the result of a bizarre gardening accident
    "Even if your heart would listen, I doubt I could explain"-Jimmy Eat World
  • I didn't know Rick James was that intense...
    Originally posted by INVDDRLUST
    I didn't know Rick James was that intense...

What?!?

He was Super-Freaky!

Maybe that was the result of having his bassline used in an MC Hammer song.
  • Freaky yes, Punk-Funky, but what about the neck? Any Doctors, in the house?
  • They just made it up, I can't find anything on the Internet about it. The guys at CNN just made up the phrase to describe some problem the man had with his neck. Rocker Neck, it sounds like something Homer Simpson would try to use for his disability....
    Im not going to give up until I find the answer!!
  • I remember when it happened, it was some kind of freak accident he had on tour after he got out of jail. It involved the 'headbanging' motion of repeatedly whipping the head and neck back and forth. Rick was always a pioneer for this type of freak shit, hence the name.
    hate was just a legend
  • INteresting...thanks for the info, I haven't been able to locate any specific info about the syndrome, but it probably has something to do with the cervical discs and maybe something like whiplash, then.
    I hope PJ is careful about whipping their heads around these days, wouldn't want any of them to wind up suffering from RockerNeck!
    Hey, thanks again.
    Originally posted by SweetHarmonics
    I remember when it happened, it was some kind of freak accident he had on tour after he got out of jail. It involved the 'headbanging' motion of repeatedly whipping the head and neck back and forth.

I figured it was a headbangin' whiplash sorta thing...