Options

New Guitar... Ready for the rockin' this Friday...

House53House53 Posts: 1,276
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Well, I decided to do some trading and pick up a new electric.

I wanted a workhorse that I could depend on and not worry about like my "homebrew" tele.

So, I picked up a PT SG. Now, I am one step closer to my goal of being a rock star.

An SG is the ultimate rock 'n' roll machine... not to mention P-90s being the ultimate rock pup.

The waiting drove me mad!!
There's No Code.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Awesome
    Wait till you get an amp! It'll REALLY sound good then. : )
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by House53
    Well, I decided to do some trading and pick up a new electric.

I wanted a workhorse that I could depend on and not worry about like my "homebrew" tele.

So, I picked up a PT SG. Now, I am one step closer to my goal of being a rock star.

An SG is the ultimate rock 'n' roll machine... not to mention P-90s being the ultimate rock pup.

The waiting drove me mad!!

I want one too. I'd be envious but I'm happy for you. That guitar is rock personified.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    well, I have an amp... a Dr. Z Carmen Ghia. It is a little EL-84 monster. I run it through an old Fender 212 that I have V30s in... it is a good setup.

I also play harmonica through that amp. Very versatile for just two knobs (volume and tone).

I used to have a Hiwatt Custom 50, but I realized I wasn't going to play any stadiums any time soon... so, it was sold.

I am excited about our show this weekend.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    well, I have an amp... a Dr. Z Carmen Ghia. It is a little EL-84 monster. I run it through an old Fender 212 that I have V30s in... it is a good setup.

I also play harmonica through that amp. Very versatile for just two knobs (volume and tone).

I used to have a Hiwatt Custom 50, but I realized I wasn't going to play any stadiums any time soon... so, it was sold.

I am excited about our show this weekend.

I've got all these big old amps around, you really don't need them anymore. Whenever I go out to tour or play, little amps miked are so much better to me.
    I still even have an ampeg svt like 300 watt monster with an 8X10 cabinet. Just turning it ON pisses of the neighborhood!
    we had three of those in a band in like 1973 or so. Loud loud loud.

Good luck with your gig and guitar
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

The SG is incredibly fast... definitely the fastest guitar I have ever played.

BTW: my band is playing I Got Shit, Fortunate Son, and RITFW.

It's like a mini PJ concert in our set.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Appreciated... I will try to work in a windmill or two...

The SG is incredibly fast... definitely the fastest guitar I have ever played.

BTW: my band is playing I Got Shit, Fortunate Son, and RITFW.

It's like a mini PJ concert in our set.

where did you find a PT SG. I've been searching hi and low. I can only find originals with P90's I don't want the lyre vibrato, I like to say in tune.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    There was a local shop... they made me a deal on a trade of my acoustic... I miss the acoustic, but for now, I needed a dependable gigging axe, and have no extra cash... so, I made the trade.

I get a nice guitar and some cash in my pocket for bills.

I have played an original SG Special with a stop piece... and this one is pretty close... it is very "alive" sounding.

I agree about the tailpiece.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Anyone ever play a guitar with the P-100 stacked humbuckers? They're supposed to be a slightly hotter P-90 with no hum, but the same tone. I don't buy it. Anyone?
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    I have found P-100s to be a bit sterile... yeah, there is no hum, but at the same time it takes away the real character of P-90s... I don't like them(P-100s) much.

However, I know some people who do like P-100s, but not as a P-90 substitute. Rather, as their own thing.
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    I have found P-100s to be a bit sterile... yeah, there is no hum, but at the same time it takes away the real character of P-90s... I don't like them(P-100s) much.

However, I know some people who do like P-100s, but not as a P-90 substitute. Rather, as their own thing.

Yeah, I kinda want that raunchy, dirty, unrefined P-90 sound. Warts and all!
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.