Why shouldn't I trade the Townshend SG for this?

House53House53 Posts: 1,276
edited February 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.eddiesguitars.com/DSCN0756.JPG

Wow, I was playing my telecaster last night at practice... and it is just the perfect guitar style for me right now.

If I could get a hold of a real top of the line ASAT, like the one pictured, I think that would be just ideal...

The problem is, the SG is also a great guitar... and maybe better for a lot of the rock my band plays... but a nice tele with a bucker in the neck... I mean, it doesn't get more Rock 'n' Roll than Keith Richards... okay maybe Pete Townshend... :D

I don't like my own special version of GAS... GTS, Gear Trading Syndrome.

Well, talk me out of it, into it... I don't know... thoughts?
There's No Code.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    do NOT trade away a townshend SG. no. never. do not do it. you will always regret it.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    The Townsend SG is rare and hard to find.

you can get a holobody ASAT like that anywhere. They are all over.

Why not wait and buy a nice ASAT Bluesboy when you have a little money?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    alright... calming... calming... maybe I should just play my tele for a while...

I executed a great windmill at the show Friday night... Pete would have been proud...
    There's No Code.
    Just out of curiousity... How much $$ would a Townshend SG go for? Are they "collectible" yet?
    There's No Code.
    Alright, I have come to my senses... I just get on kicks and want different gear... I think we all go through that from time to time.
    There's No Code.
    Originally posted by House53
    Alright, I have come to my senses... I just get on kicks and want different gear... I think we all go through that from time to time.

we're here to keep you from doing something stupid.

Kind of like Prozac for GAS
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    That's appreciated too.

So, my guitar player and I are playing a Mardi Gras party this Saturday in Soulard.

What are some good "party" type songs to play on acoustics... crowd participation and humor are key.

We are doing, Hit me Baby One More Time and Let's Get it On... but we need some others.

We are likely doing Immortality as well... not a fun song, but we play it well, and there will be people who appreciate Pearl Jam there.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    There's No Code.
    Sublime songs...are a fan favorite, as are any drinking songs.....

Jimmy Buffett etc.

throw out a little Poison.
  • Jessie's Girl- rick springfield
    Any Way You Want It- journey or the ramones
    Just Like Heaven- the cure
    I See Red- split enz (need a keyboard player for the bridge)
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
  • War: All my friends ,,,,,have low riders.
    di di di di di Di DI,, di Di DI Di Da
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

So, my guitar player and I are playing a Mardi Gras party this Saturday in Soulard.

What are some good "party" type songs to play on acoustics... crowd participation and humor are key.

We are doing, Hit me Baby One More Time and Let's Get it On... but we need some others.

We are likely doing Immortality as well... not a fun song, but we play it well, and there will be people who appreciate Pearl Jam there.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Whats your bands name and where are you going to be at. I'm from Belleville and i'm probably gonna be heading out there this weekend. I'll try to check you out.
    If we all stop voting, will they all go away?