show tonight... or should I call it jam...

House53House53 Posts: 1,276
edited February 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
well, we are playing tonight, but it will be a little different... none of the newer songs are on the list and we are doing extended "jams" of quite a few songs...

should be fun...

in the spirit of the old school playing, I will be using no pedals. Just setting the amp for lead, and using my volume knobs on the guitar... should be interesting... and a good learning experience.
There's No Code.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    I should have called it practice... but we played some of our songs pretty well.

It should be a good tune up for Saturday night...

Sympathy for the Devil went well... better than last time...
    There's No Code.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Hey man, no pedals? I don't think I could live with out a little boost and wah. I look at them as an extention of my amp really.

Jamming is the best. to be honest if I had like 3 friends I could jam with every night I'd be happy shoveling shit in louisania by day.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    no pedals at all... I just ran straight in... and adjusted with my pups and volume/tone controls... it was a good time...

we did extended solos on several tracks... and we had the people into it... but I can't deal with being up until 1 am on a work night... makes me too tired.

Saturday, I might break out the wah for Sympathy... I feel it would add a nice flavor... probably not though, I like to keep things stripped down if possible.
    There's No Code.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by House53
    no pedals at all... I just ran straight in... and adjusted with my pups and volume/tone controls... it was a good time...

we did extended solos on several tracks... and we had the people into it... but I can't deal with being up until 1 am on a work night... makes me too tired.

Saturday, I might break out the wah for Sympathy... I feel it would add a nice flavor... probably not though, I like to keep things stripped down if possible.

yeah, most Ghia owners do.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.