My new tele...

House53House53 Posts: 1,276
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Well, at least a good approximation. This is what the goal for the final design should look like...

I installed tuners last night... I need to get the rest of the hardware this weekend and install those items.

I can't wait to get it playable.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=7172286
There's No Code.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    you dog, that's awesome. I want one just like it in butterscotch blonde. But I have to find the strat first.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Notice the black strat knobs for a bit of a custom touch... I will have a signature headstock too.

I almost stayed up to wire in the pups last night, but I realized I didn't have an input jack... so I held off.

Goal for today... pickguard, bridge, string ferrules, and setting the pups...

Then this weekend... wire it up, put on the strap buttons, and finally... test drive.

the neck is a great profile for my hand... feels very fast.
    There's No Code.
    I almost want black amp knobs, ala Muddy Waters.

I really like when the finish is nicked all around the edge creating a faux binding type look that's not perfect. I like that. My LP Studio looks like that.

I want an ASAT

http://www.glguitars.com/frameset.htm the special semi holo with p-90's in all black with gold hardware.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    mmmmmmm. tele. mmmmmmmm

that's going to look really nice.
    maybe, I should put the amp knobs like you suggested...

we do play Hoochie Coochie Man...

I am tempted to take the guitar into my tech tonight and have him help me, just to have it ready that much sooner... but I can hold out.
    There's No Code.
    Originally posted by House53
    maybe, I should put the amp knobs like you suggested...

we do play Hoochie Coochie Man...

I am tempted to take the guitar into my tech tonight and have him help me, just to have it ready that much sooner... but I can hold out.

deluxe knobs (like on the tele deluxe) would look cool but there isn't enough room on the control plate for them. the volume know interferes with the screws holding the switch in.

try mxr style knobs maybe. they're black and really easy to turn without a good grip like strat knobs need.
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    http://www.fender.com/products/show.php?partno=0138500

uh deluxe knobs do fit.

weirdness. they didn't fit on mine.
    Originally posted by exhausted
    weirdness. they didn't fit on mine.

things that make you go hmmm.
    things that make you go hmmm.

indeed. i pm'ed you an interesting ebay thingy btw.
    Originally posted by exhausted
    indeed. i pm'ed you an interesting ebay thingy btw.

you kick ass man I bid on it. screw it it's only money. That's a good deal. I figure it's another way for me to go look and talk to at the amazingly hot girl working in the apartment office.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10171&item=3713712627

Speaking of cool ebay items...

I emailed the seller asking about the dimensions... even if it isn't truly from England in the 70s... if it is a big enough mirror... that would look great in my music room.

I don't even care if the guy made it in his basement...

I might have to make my own mirror like that.
    There's No Code.
    you kick ass man I bid on it. screw it it's only money. That's a good deal. I figure it's another way for me to go look and talk to at the amazingly hot girl working in the apartment office.

double bonus.

I emailed the seller asking about the dimensions... even if it isn't truly from England in the 70s... if it is a big enough mirror... that would look great in my music room.

i love stuff like that. there's a les paul custom headstock clock at the music store (not for sale) that i'd love to have.

there is a company that makes coffee tables in the shape of strat or tele headstocks too (licensed by fender) but they're way too expensive.

It looks classy too, I think it'd look perfect on the cieling :D
    somehow classy... and mirrors on the ceiling don't go together in my mind... but I am sure I could make it work.
    There's No Code.