Someone please buy this PT Schecter... wow.

House53House53 Posts: 1,276
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.gbase.com/gearlist/guitar_picture.asp?guitar=553069

I mean, is this some special edition, ie not standard.

It looks legit... that is a great price for any early 80s Schecter... they make great gutiars...
There's No Code.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i could play it left-handed and the cross would be upside down. swell. :p
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    woa..ims eriosuly thinking about buying it...600 bucks?!?!
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    exactly... $600 is about $400 less than the usual price... I have only seen those under $1000 on a couple of occasions... you might be able to get it out the door for $550 if you make the offer.

I wish I hadn't just spent my gear fund for a while, or I would get it in a heartbeat... that and if I wasn't moving soon and didn't need cash for moving expenses.
    There's No Code.
    i dont even think you can get it for under 1000 can you? i thought these were custom built for like 2000?
    that thing is a good deal...

please someone buy it, that way one of us can have a Schecter PT...
    There's No Code.
    damn, its in my cart right now..just have to enter my card info...

so impulse, idont need it..i jsut got a new sg, hav ea 62 ressisue strat...have enough money. no rent to pay. dont need the guitar. want it. bad. tax retursn coming to pay for it...hmm...what should i do?
    ask for a detailed history of the guitar first.
    ya, im waiting on a response from them...
    good move... you could even give them a call, ask for some first hand details...

get as much info as possible, that's for sure.
    There's No Code.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by exhausted
    ask for a detailed history of the guitar first.

bingo, the neck looks beat to me and the P/U's probably need a replacement. There are probably a few hidden costs still could be a good deal though.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    ok heres the deal on the guitar...

electronics, pickups, all work perfectly..guitar sounds kickass...

whats wrong with it is this...

the previous owner put in a cros sinlayon the first fret, you can see it on the picture...and he did an etching on the body of the guitar, which the store has gotten rid of and its back to its original black color with abit of an overspray...

what do yall think?!?!
    and theres a 48 hour return policy thing, where once i get it..i can use it for 2 days to decide if i want to keep it...
    Sounds like a great deal to me...

I mean, it's a black guitar... so it's not like the finish should be that big of a deal... you cna always check it out...

Then the cross inlay... well, I would prefer it to be gone... but, it isn't super visible from the pics... it doesn't ruin the character of the guitar, at least sonically...

if you like it, that's a very well made, good looking guitar for a nice discount.

Schecter made/makes some good guitars.
    There's No Code.
    i cant decide. fuck. i hvae the money, kind of. i shouldnt be spending it on another guitar, especially since ijust got an sg a onth ago...but shit, will a deal like this come around again. and seriosuly, id then have a62 strat reissue, an SG ..and then a shecter, is there really anything else to get after that?!?!

damn. i should just get it. i wish it were one week later, right before the paycheck..so i would feel better about buying ANOTHER guitar...
    warmoth neck made to the dimensions of your liking someday takes care of the worn neck with the cross.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by House53
    Sounds like a great deal to me...

I mean, it's a black guitar... so it's not like the finish should be that big of a deal... you cna always check it out...

Then the cross inlay... well, I would prefer it to be gone... but, it isn't super visible from the pics... it doesn't ruin the character of the guitar, at least sonically...

if you like it, that's a very well made, good looking guitar for a nice discount.

Schecter made/makes some good guitars.

Oh yeah I'm sure it's fine. Hell it's black. I like Ex's idea of the new Warmouth neck, any word on what P/U's it came with?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Here's what the guy sent me via email:

Dear John, We are having difficulty with our e-mail so I am responding from my home computer. When we bought the guitar, the previous owner had etched a design in the arm rest area of the guitar. We had it wet sounded down and then
    had the face of the guitar refinished to the original black. There is a cross engraved into the fretboard at the first fret. It is professionally done. There is an area of heavy scrathing on the back of the guitar near the neck plate and some other misc. scratches about the back. The frets are in very good
    shape and the guitar is an excellent player with pus/pull coil taps on each control ot split the humbuckers into single coil for the best of single coil and humbucker sounds.
    If you would like detailed photos of the guitar, please feel free to e-mail with any specific requests. For an in-hand blow by blow description call us at
    914-421-0069.
    me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
    Looks like a winner to me...

I would trade my tele for it... well, maybe...
    There's No Code.
  • i have one
    blahh