Say hello to the new member of the family...

House53House53 Posts: 1,276
edited June 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Well, I made a decision last night...

I bit the bullet and picked up the amp I had wanted to get.

http://www.eddiesguitars.com/DSCN2291.JPG

At practice last night... amazing... it cuts through, it cleans up, and it has such a musical quality to it... plus it worked great for my harmonica playing...
There's No Code.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Looks good house...
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    It sounds better... although it has that old Fender dirty blonde thing going on too... which is nice.

The band loved it last night... although they made fun of me for changing amps so quickly.
    There's No Code.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Change is good man....change is good. What do you do for a dirty sound though....I noticed it has no separate overdrive channel?
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
    turn up the volume on my guitar... change picking dynamics... plus I run two OD808s out front for when I really need to push things...

mostly, I just change the volume controls or change pups for different shades of clean/dirty
    There's No Code.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by House53
    Well, I made a decision last night...

I bit the bullet and picked up the amp I had wanted to get.

http://www.eddiesguitars.com/DSCN2291.JPG

At practice last night... amazing... it cuts through, it cleans up, and it has such a musical quality to it... plus it worked great for my harmonica playing...

This is all that matters. You got what you wanted and it works well for you and in your band's setting. Enjoy.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    thanks pure...

I don't mean to upset people with trying of different gear. I guess people do get frustrated with me and my fickle tastes, but I don't trade gear to upset people.

I am just sharing the excitement of new gear...

sparking conversation,

etc.
    There's No Code.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    thanks pure...

I don't mean to upset people with trying of different gear. I guess people do get frustrated with me and my fickle tastes, but I don't trade gear to upset people.

I am just sharing the excitement of new gear...

sparking conversation,

etc.

No one was upset, especially at you, just making sure your doing it for the right reason and that you see the value in what you have before you make a decision to change. Also, that you take the time to make a decision that gets you the best product at the best value and it makes you happy in the end. Which you achieved.

So please, do keep sharing your excitment of the gear and how it works in your new band setting and the music.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    Alright... I was just making sure...

Killer amp... made we want to keep practicing all night...

I do that anyways though.
    There's No Code.
  • solsurfrsolsurfr Posts: 207
    Alright... I was just making sure...

Killer amp... made we want to keep practicing all night...

I do that anyways though.

One of my good friends as a Z and it is awesome but they are deafly loud. He had to put a hotplate in front of it to dial it down a little. He had the prescription head.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Good Choice, you can't fuck with a Maz 18 for tone. Brad Paisley has some of the best chops and ears in the biz and he loves those amps, yeah he plays country but that guy can play anything.

One of my favorite amps too House. You won't be disapointed, did you sell the DR or are you keeping it too?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    traded my DR and my Z-best 212 for the Maz 18 jr...

I know what you mean about Brad Paisley...

When I look at amps, the thing to do... just listen... does it sound musical... does the tone appeal to you...

the amp is so rich harmonically... is great...

even with more gain on the preamp the chords have this shimmer to them...

I was able to cop some Hiwatt Live at Leeds tone on there too, it has that agressive and fast distortion quality that you here on that record.
    There's No Code.
    Does it have the Reverb or is it the "Stu don't Surf" model with the effects loop?

That's one of the amps I'm considering trading the Orange for. Z certainly knows how to build a musical amplifier. The individual clarity is on par with the best I've heard including Matchless.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    This is the Reverb model... and it is a great reverb... even when the gain goes up, the reverb doesn't get out of whack...

very musical, again I use that word... but very warm and sweet at all levels.

I have a track workout tonight, but I will run extra fast so I can get home and plug in...
    There's No Code.
    This is the Reverb model... and it is a great reverb... even when the gain goes up, the reverb doesn't get out of whack...

very musical, again I use that word... but very warm and sweet at all levels.

I have a track workout tonight, but I will run extra fast so I can get home and plug in...

Yeah, it's funny. There is such a huge and noticable difference between those amps and what else is out there. You can hear it cut through the mix over an entire store of shredders. Sweet individual note clarity.
    My friend plays an Orange OD120... a little different animal than your Orange, but similar tone stack...

I like the Orange for the Orange thing... if that makes sense. No other amps can get that tone.

Same thing with Dr. Z's they have a unique timber to the tone... it's not Vox, it's not Fender, not Marshall, not Orange, not Hiwatt, not Brand XYZ.

It has its own place. The build quality and warranty with the Z's are great too... you wouldn't go wrong with a Maz NR...
    There's No Code.
    My friend plays an Orange OD120... a little different animal than your Orange, but similar tone stack...

I like the Orange for the Orange thing... if that makes sense. No other amps can get that tone.

Same thing with Dr. Z's they have a unique timber to the tone... it's not Vox, it's not Fender, not Marshall, not Orange, not Hiwatt, not Brand XYZ.

It has its own place. The build quality and warranty with the Z's are great too... you wouldn't go wrong with a Maz NR...

I actually want the one like you'res with the reverb. I miss it. I'd like to have the effects loop option though as well because occasionally I like to have delay.
    I think the effexts loop is a $75 upcharge, if memory serves,

So, that makes the amp around $1600 new... ie expensive.

You see those pop up on ebay from time to time...

I would keep an eye on that.

The verb is great on the Z... not as deep as a fender reverb amp, but still gets pretty wet.
    There's No Code.
    yeah, I'd like to find a savage in red tolex for around 1200 again.
    that savage would be great. I agree...

I am still waiting for the EH wiggler to show up. I think that will go well in front of my amp.

That reminds me... do you have any use for a EH Holy Grail Reverb? It's used, but in good shape and I have the box.
    There's No Code.
    that savage would be great. I agree...

I am still waiting for the EH wiggler to show up. I think that will go well in front of my amp.

That reminds me... do you have any use for a EH Holy Grail Reverb? It's used, but in good shape and I have the box.

yeah actually, how much you want for it?
    What's a fair price to you? They sell for $100 brand new.
    There's No Code.
    What's a fair price to you? They sell for $100 brand new.

I don't know. I'm not really in the market at the moment. I'm waiting for Keeley to deliver me some new patch cables right now. Go ahead and post it on Ebay if you want. I'm kind of unloading right now myself.
    I would ship it to you for $65... I think that's fair.

Let me know if you are interested... otherwise I will check with some other people.
    There's No Code.
    I would ship it to you for $65... I think that's fair.

Let me know if you are interested... otherwise I will check with some other people.

well, damn, that's real fair.
    like I said, let me know...

I don't feel like messing with ebay to be honest. I could just keep it... but I could use the $65 to get some misc stuff, strings, picks, a new A harmonica...
    There's No Code.
    like I said, let me know...

I don't feel like messing with ebay to be honest. I could just keep it... but I could use the $65 to get some misc stuff, strings, picks, a new A harmonica...

well, I'll probably get it then. It's a fairly decent reverb if I remember correct it's been a while, I do need a verb. I'll PM you when I get home.
    Alright. Sounds good.

Let me know. I will be here until around 6:00 pm Central, then I won't be back until tommorow morning... so don't worry if I don't reply right away.

It is a good reverb, but if I have reverb on my amp, I don't need an extra reverb unit.

Plus I am trying to scale back... adding a tremolo/vibrato pedal means something should go... maintain the balance.
    There's No Code.