Well, I guess new gear will be on hold for a while... wedding bells.

House53House53 Posts: 1,276
edited August 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Well, I have set a date to get married... so all my money will be going towards setting that up and all the stuff that goes with it.

7/16/05

I do have money set aside to try for some tickets for the VFC show, and any potential other shows. She understands the whole Pearl Jam thing.

Weddings are expensive, but I am very excited. Our reception is at a cool club in town where Chuck Berry plays monthly... it should be a great day.

That is all.
There's No Code.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    House THATS FANTASTIC! Congrats. That will have to curb your GAS for a while.

Just when I was about to suggest a Fargen Mini Plex, to compliment your Z. Oh well. Plexi's probably aren't your thing anyhow.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    i've seen those Fargen's and I thought about it too... :)

Thanks for the good thoughts.

Also I get to plan a nice vacation for the honeymoon... maybe it will coordinate with a PJ tour... seven nights of Pearl Jam...

:D
    There's No Code.
  • TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222
    congrats house! if i get tickets for that st. louis show, i'm going too. is the place you're talking about blueberry hill?
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
    Originally posted by Telesonic
    congrats house! if i get tickets for that st. louis show, i'm going too. is the place you're talking about blueberry hill?

Yeah, I am hoping the server at Metrotix can handle the volume of PJ fans who will be going for it... but I am confident I will be able to get seats... positive thoughts.

Yeah, Blueberry Hill is where I am talking about. It is my favorite bar in town and they have a nice space for having parties and such... it should be great.

I should book my band so we can play the Duck Room...

thanks for the thoughts.
    There's No Code.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Congratulations and best of everything.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222
    cool. yeah, i've been to blueberry hill a couple times while visiting a friend of mine that went to wash u. didn't get to see chuck berry. i really liked it though, pretty cool place.
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Congratulations house....best of luck with the little lady.

I hope getting married doesn't get in the way of your dreams to become a rock star!!....hahaha
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
    Originally posted by Telesonic
    cool. yeah, i've been to blueberry hill a couple times while visiting a friend of mine that went to wash u. didn't get to see chuck berry. i really liked it though, pretty cool place.

That's cool. I went to Wash u. and I went to Blue Hill many times. I lived near there for a couple of years too.

I am taking my dad to see Chuck Berry next week. I have seen him three times, but my dad has never been. Should be fun.
    There's No Code.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Congrats man, misery loves company. So welcome to the club!

Do yourself a favor, keep a credit card that only you know about for all of your future purchases. The first thing to go is freedom, but the benefits probably outwiegh the negatives. :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
    well, aside from Pearl Jam she also understands my love of music equipment. I have a deal in place:

she is in law school, but once she is done I can build a recording studio, keep up to 5 guitar amps, 6 electrics, and 3 acoustics. (I am serious, we had this discussion, lol)

So, I can still have music gear, just not while I am planning and paying for the wedding.

I also have a plan to have a Golden Tee machine, a couple of beers on tap, and a guitar/amp workshop in the basement... so I think I found a good and understanding woman to share my life with...
    There's No Code.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Originally posted by House53
    well, aside from Pearl Jam she also understands my love of music equipment. I have a deal in place:

she is in law school, but once she is done I can build a recording studio, keep up to 5 guitar amps, 6 electrics, and 3 acoustics. (I am serious, we had this discussion, lol)

So, I can still have music gear, just not while I am planning and paying for the wedding.

I also have a plan to have a Golden Tee machine, a couple of beers on tap, and a guitar/amp workshop in the basement... so I think I found a good and understanding woman to share my life with...

She is a keeper for sure!

When she lets you do the threesome let me know, and if she has a sister that would be even better :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board