EH Wiggler

House53House53 Posts: 1,276
edited June 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I have had the Wiggler for about two weeks now... conclusion. Great pedal.

I am not a fan of pedals and typically don't run many in my chain.

Right now: two Maxon 808 ODs and the Wiggler.

The Wiggler has a lot of options to it, four different vibrato settings, and tremolo as well. The intensity and speed controls. Finally an output control... this is a cool feature... more on this later.

The vibrato settings are all different and useful. they have a different EQ to each of them and depending on the intensity can make your tone have a subtle texture to it... or you can make your guitar sound like an Organ... Think Boom on Crazy Mary... the hard part is playing your guitar like you play an organ. But for chord work it is great (LBC).

I have found a great setting for Led Zep Misty Mountain Hop... to give that organ tone to layer with the lead guitar...

it works great for lead work in general... adding that vibe that you hear on so many famous guitar solos...

The tremolo is great too, very musical and warm. You can have a very choppy trem if you want... but also a very lush feel for those thicker tones. I really like the pedals versatility.

Now the output control... up to about 9:00 you get the pedal to be quieter or even with your signal... after that it adds a boost. Because the pedal is tube driven... it starts acting like a tube preamp... it will grind and I think it sounds very JCM800 Marshally in its tone with the output increased. A great bonus feature...

It can get pretty nasty.

So, it is a cool pedal with a lot of options.

Bad stuff... big bulky power adaptor... not able to run off of a standard power supply...

it has tubes... one was broken when I got it in the mail... so, there is that issue to deal with... but the positive aspect of the tubes is worth it.

Big... I have to rearrange my pedal board now. :)

Good unit.
There's No Code.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Leslie in a box, yup I want one. It's a matter of just buying it. It's on the list after the Guitar and CC2
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.