Pics of my gear.

House53House53 Posts: 1,276
edited September 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I posted pics of my gear on another site.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=8306469#post8306469

Here's the thread... so check it out if you want to...
There's No Code.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Both very very nice.

Man, I've seen more original SG Specials (68-69) than PTSG's but at 2200 a pop and crappy lyre vibrato+ tuners makes it not worth the money.

Damn I love those PTSG's Great pickups, Grovers and a tune o matic. beautiful gibson rock tone.

You don't get much more cool than a beat up tele. I bet it sounds great.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Thanks...

the only thing I have found I like better on the originals... aside from the mojo of a 35+ year old piece of wood are the pups. On a few of the originals I have played the pups were absolutely perfect for P-90 tone to my ears... now some had uninspiring pups.

My Townshend is a close second to the pups from the better originals I have played.

The tele is great... I play that a lot at home when practicing... the SG makes it easier to play when live and I am getting into it... you can get away with a lot more on that thing. The tele gets me precise when I am rehearsing though. Plus, sometimes I just need some tele tones.

I think they both look nice with the blonde Dr. Z.
    There's No Code.
    Come on... let's see some more pics!!

Maybe gear you are thinking of getting... gear you had...

Let's just see some guitars and amps... drums are cool too...
    There's No Code.
    that's more like it!!
    There's No Code.
    Originally posted by exhausted
    the seven.......

http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/guitar_pics/guitars.jpg

Nay, "The Magnificant 7"
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    time to revitalize this thread.

my new recording setup.
    http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/Computer.jpg

that little blue box pretty much replaced everything.

and my board as it sits today.
    http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/Board.jpg
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    time to revitalize this thread.

my new recording setup.
    http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/Computer.jpg

that little blue box pretty much replaced everything.

and my board as it sits today.
    http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/Board.jpg

That's it...I'm taking pictures of my setup tonight!
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    do it do it!!! we all like shiny things. :)
    No new gear for me... same pictures apply
    There's No Code.
    wow, ex, that's impressive, I know you are having fun with the FM-4.

Is than an M-Box you are going through?

I need an interface I guess and some new software too eventually. That will have to be next year. The guitar is next after I pay for the computer, and the leasing company on the old place is jerking me around.

I may get a dot too. I like them alot I just hate the extended headstock, bumps into everything.
    yeah, that's the mbox. i've already sold my presonus pre-amp. i'm keeping my rack compressor just in case i ever decide to play live again though.

but for recording processing, it's all software now. the only thing that gets effected externally is all my electric guitars and the xciter on my acoustic.

i love the FM-4. most of it's sounds are pretty harsh but the fact that they're monophonic leads to some pretty neat effects. lots of digital chaos etc.
    yeah, that's the mbox. i've already sold my presonus pre-amp. i'm keeping my rack compressor just in case i ever decide to play live again though.

but for recording processing, it's all software now. the only thing that gets effected externally is all my electric guitars and the xciter on my acoustic.

nice, my roommate has a weighted 88 key yamaha keyboard, I've been enjoying lately. I want a Hammond now.
    my wife and i both really like our keyboard. i'm down to about 4 or 5 of the sounds out of the 33 that i actually use though. the organ settings are a little ridiculous on their own but in a mix they come out hammond-esque enough to get by.
    my wife and i both really like our keyboard. i'm down to about 4 or 5 of the sounds out of the 33 that i actually use though. the organ settings are a little ridiculous on their own but in a mix they come out hammond-esque enough to get by.

yeah this girl I've been kicking around with is an unbelievable piano player so she digs the grand piano but some of the other stuff is just wacky, I just love the doppler throb of the cheap tone wheel organs and leslies. That "gimme some lovin" sound.

The church organ stuff is just not going to cut it.
    i was on some studio's website on lunch killing time. they had a room with a hammond from every decade or something. just insane.
    i was on some studio's website on lunch killing time. they had a room with a hammond from every decade or something. just insane.

that's nice, I love the pics of the walls of AC30's and marshalls at Plexi Palace too.

I'm trying to get a night job shadowing folks at Doppler Studio's down here in Atlanta. I wouldn't mind some janitoral duties for a chance to do a little mixing.
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    that's nice, I love the pics of the walls of AC30's and marshalls at Plexi Palace too.

I'm trying to get a night job shadowing folks at Doppler Studio's down here in Atlanta. I wouldn't mind some janitoral duties for a chance to do a little mixing.

that would be awesome just to be around that environment i would think.

i'm having a blast learning this software. even if my recordings stink, the work is so much more fun now that i've got new tools at my disposal.

my cousin is trained in protools but i don't think she's found work anywhere yet. it's a long hard road to work in audio engineering.