New Guitar

House53House53 Posts: 1,276
edited April 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.gretschguitars.com/gear/index.php?product=G6120-1960&cat1=&cat2=&q=&st=1

Glorious!! You knew it would take something special to get me to switch guitars this time...

Really killer.
There's No Code.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    House53 wrote:
    http://www.gretschguitars.com/gear/index.php?product=G6120-1960&cat1=&cat2=&q=&st=1

Glorious!! You knew it would take something special to get me to switch guitars this time...

Really killer.

good call man and good trade, I love the townsend, but that guitar is awesome, and it might even fit your style better.

It is glorious. congrats.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    good call man and good trade, I love the townsend, but that guitar is awesome, and it might even fit your style better.

It is glorious. congrats.

Thanks... it really is a different class of instrument. The board/neck are really fast and comfortable. The tone is totally different than the SG obviously, but it still sounds like me when I play...

You can really lay into this guitar, the pups are great for that... just a thick raunchy, Neil Young type tone.

But the cleans are where I spend more of my time, they are great as well. I obviously have a lot of time to spend getting to know the new gretsch...

So, do I name this one Pete also? Or Neil?
    There's No Code.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    House53 wrote:
    Thanks... it really is a different class of instrument. The board/neck are really fast and comfortable. The tone is totally different than the SG obviously, but it still sounds like me when I play...

You can really lay into this guitar, the pups are great for that... just a thick raunchy, Neil Young type tone.

But the cleans are where I spend more of my time, they are great as well. I obviously have a lot of time to spend getting to know the new gretsch...

So, do I name this one Pete also? Or Neil?

funny you say that, Neil Young played a white falcon extensively.

you should call that one Neil.

being a blues guy I love the gretsch tone too. The feel of those things is just capital.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    that is the tone I hear from it... early Neil Young stuff.

I think I will name it Pete in honor of my PT and in honor of PT...

"Area Wreckin' Pete"

I will name the White Falcon Neil.
    There's No Code.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    funny you say that, Neil Young played a white falcon extensively.

you should call that one Neil.

being a blues guy I love the gretsch tone too. The feel of those things is just capital.

Are you a fan of early Neil Young & Crazy Horse? Everybody Knows This is Nowhere is a killer album.

I would have to think he used a Gretsch on some of that... I know he used "old black" too, but Cowgirl in the Sand, has gretsch written all over it. I was playing that last night... totally rocking out for the first time in a while.

Then I played some blues standards its got a great presence with the hollow body. Perfect for lead lines with chording... bite on the leads and then nice full chords with a bit of a lo-fi flavor.
    There's No Code.
  • Thats one attractive guitar. Interesting colour too.
    Nice one
    (
    =) wah wah waaaah!!! ..........viking banjo hits of the 70's!
    (
    Thats one attractive guitar. Interesting colour too.
    Nice one
    It's less ORANGE in person, and more orange... a little bit faded.

It's like the one Mike McCready plays on Present Tense live though, so it has Pearl Jam credibility.
    There's No Code.