bachelor party, las vegas, pearl jam

House53House53 Posts: 1,276
edited February 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
well, my friends have informed me that we are going to las vegas for my bachelor party. I cannot convey just how excited I am... it will be great. All my groom's men (minus one) are going to attend. Good stuff.

We discussed having a limo pick us up at the airport (like last year) but we wanted to make a music mix for this ride and any others we may take...

I was thinking of some songs I want included, looking for ideas...

Opener: Live version of Corduroy (preferrably with Instellar Overdrive as a lead in)... towards the end, Live Baba...

Any other Pearl Jam songs strike you as particularly appropriate?

Non Pearl Jam suggestions are welcome too... I have a different list for that.
There's No Code.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    House53 wrote:
    well, my friends have informed me that we are going to las vegas for my bachelor party. I cannot convey just how excited I am... it will be great. All my groom's men (minus one) are going to attend. Good stuff.

We discussed having a limo pick us up at the airport (like last year) but we wanted to make a music mix for this ride and any others we may take...

Opener: Live version of Corduroy (preferrably with Instellar Overdrive as a lead in)... towards the end, Live Baba...

definately Satans Bed.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    definately Satans Bed.

Wow... that is perfect.

I would put together and all PJ mix, but not all my friends are big fans, my best man and I have seen 10 shows together, but the others not as much.

But, I guess it is my party.

Satan's Bed... perfect.
    There's No Code.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    We did a Las Vegas bachelorett party this past September. Make sure your buddies follow the rule "what happens in LV stays in LV. Evenflow makes the body move.

House53 wrote:

SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    puremagic wrote:
    We did a Las Vegas bachelorett party this past September. Make sure your buddies follow the rule "what happens in LV stays in LV. Evenflow makes the body move.

I take it you had a good time... That's good to hear. I am sure they will be good about that. I will definitely remind them. Like I said... I would be happy with an all PJ mix.

We are planning things now, everyone is a buzz. We booked a hotel and flights.

Where did your group stay?
    There's No Code.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    House53 wrote:
    I take it you had a good time... That's good to hear. I am sure they will be good about that. I will definitely remind them. Like I said... I would be happy with an all PJ mix.

We are planning things now, everyone is a buzz. We booked a hotel and flights.

Where did your group stay?

You take it right. She, now they, live in LV. We stayed with her and friends because we were there for over a week.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    puremagic wrote:
    You take it right. She, now they, live in LV. We stayed with her and friends because we were there for over a week.

Very cool, we will leave it at that.

We are going for a long weekend in May. My wedding isn't until July, but we figured it was good timing for needing a little break from things.

We are staying at the Boardwalk, which is a cheap hotel but right in the middle of things on the strip. It should be perfect for my group. Plus, they have cheap gambling which is good for me... keeps me going longer.

My cousins dad lives out there (my former uncle if that makes sense) we may end up out there for a night.
    There's No Code.
  • This is a perfect thread for me. I am trying to organize a bachelor party for my buddy, and I wanted to do a destination thing in either Vegas or Chicago, but I really want to do Vegas. Are there good package deals for like flights and rooms if you get a good number of people together? How expensive do you guys think it would be for each person to fly out to Vegas and stay for about 3 days? Any help would be greatly appreciated as the party is supposed to happen in June or July, and I don't want to put it off til the last minute like I do with everything else. I realize this isn't what this thread is for, but it seemed appropriate for my situation.
    PJ songs: Even Flow, Alive, Why Go, Animal, Go, Brain of J, In Hiding
    Other songs: (Temple of the Dog) Hunger Strike, and Pushin Forward Back.
    All of those get me pumped.
    "I had a false belief I thought I came here to stay... we're all just visiting."
    This is a perfect thread for me. I am trying to organize a bachelor party for my buddy, and I wanted to do a destination thing in either Vegas or Chicago, but I really want to do Vegas. Are there good package deals for like flights and rooms if you get a good number of people together? How expensive do you guys think it would be for each person to fly out to Vegas and stay for about 3 days? Any help would be greatly appreciated as the party is supposed to happen in June or July, and I don't want to put it off til the last minute like I do with everything else. I realize this isn't what this thread is for, but it seemed appropriate for my situation.
    PJ songs: Even Flow, Alive, Why Go, Animal, Go, Brain of J, In Hiding
    Other songs: (Temple of the Dog) Hunger Strike, and Pushin Forward Back.
    All of those get me pumped.

We are headed out for three nights as well. I had a free flight from work, but I am seeing airfare ranging from $300 on up... Southwest runs specials and you can get good deals.

Hotels can range in price... everything from $99/night up to $1000 + per night. That depends on the budget.

$700 or so is likely... food, gambling, entertainment can add up.

there are tons of web resources as well. http://www.lasvegas.com is a good place to start.
    There's No Code.